Brewer's Sparrow, East Boulder Community Center

Christy P

Jun 21, 2017, 11:17:26 PM6/21/17
to Colorado Birds
This morning between 8:00 AM and 11:10 AM I had a singing Brewers Sparrow in the field to the north of the E. Boulder Community Center. I had a tough time getting my eyes on it, but this bird was a pretty prolific singer. It was shy to disturbance but would sing if I sat still for a handful of minutes. The field is not open to the public, but the Sparrow was located at the southern edge and could easily be heard from the public sidewalk and roadway. I don't spend a lot of time in Boulder, so I'm not certain how uncommon this is, but I was surprised to find it there.

Christy Payne
Wheat Ridge