Red-bellied Woodpecker, Arapahoe, yardbird

Mary Driscoll

Jun 20, 2017, 1:44:12 PM6/20/17
to COBIRDS, Joyce Takamine, RARE BIRD ALERT
Greetings,

We just had a Red-bellied Woodpecker in our Cherry Tree. Unfortunately did not get a photo, before it flew. It went in the direction of our back yard. We went outside to the backyard, but could not re-locate it. It might still be in our neighborhood. If interested someone could check out the park in our area, Welch Park, which is off of East Jewell Cr. and Parker Rd.

This was a beautiful bird, black and white horizontal stripes on back, red stripe on top of head, did not reach bill, creamy white on breast, with slightly darker area under neck.

If it returns we will post again. Yesterday we had a Say's Phoebe in our Cherry Tree, another new yardbird, but no photo.

Mary & Dave Driscoll
Unincorporated Arapahoe County