Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Mary Driscoll

ungelesen,
19.09.2017, 10:27:3019.09.17
an COBIRDS, Mary Driscoll
Compiler:           Mary Driscoll
e-mail:                RBA AT cobirds.org
Date:                  September 19, 2017

This is the Rare Bird Alert for Tuesday, September 19, sponsored by Denver Field Ornithologists and the Bird Conservancy of the Rockies.

Highlight species include: (* indicates new information on this species)
NOTE:  The RBA is now using the new AOU checklist and the order of families has changes.

Black Swift (Ouray)
Black-bellied Plover (Larimer)
American Golden-Plover (*Adams, Kiowa, Washington)
Semipalmated Plover (Washington)
RUDDY TURNSTONE (Bent, Crowley)
Dunlin (Adams)
Stilt Sandpiper (Washington)
Buff-breasted Sandpiper (Washington)
Pectoral Sandpiper (*Montrose, Washington)
Semipalmated Sandpiper (Washington)
Short-billed Dowitcher (Washington)
Solitary Sandpiper (El Paso)
Red Phalarope (Douglas)
Sabine’s Gull (*Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas, Washington)
Lesser Black-backed Gull (Douglas, Washington)
Caspian Tern (Larimer, Washington)
Common Tern (Larimer, Washington)
Mississippi Kite (*El Paso)
Lewis’s Woodpecker (Ouray)
Williamson’s Sapsucker (Summit)
Olive-sided Flycatcher (Weld)
Least Flycatcher (Weld)
Gray Flycatcher (Montrose)
Black Phoebe (Jefferson, Ouray)
Eastern Phoebe (Boulder)
Cassin’s Kingbird (Boulder, Weld)
TROPICAL KINGBIRD (El Paso)
Blue-headed Vireo (Weld)
Cassin’s Vireo (Boulder)
Philadelphia Vireo (Adams)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (*Gunnison, Washington)
Golden-crowned Kinglet (Adams)
Cassin’s Finch (Ouray)
Ovenbird (Weld)
Golden-winged Warbler (Ouray)
Black-and-white Warbler (*Boulder, Washington, Weld)
Tennessee Warbler (Weld)
Nashville Warbler (*Larimer, Weld)
American Redstart (Washington)
Northern Parula (Washington)
Bay-breasted Warbler (Washington)
Chestnut-sided Warbler (Washington)
Blackpoll Warbler (Adams, Pueblo)
Black-throated Green Warbler (Pueblo)
Palm Warbler (*Boulder)
Clay-colored Sparrow (Weld)
Brewer’s Sparrow (Adams, Arapahoe)
PAINTED BUNTING (Adams)
Dickcissel (Weld)
Lark Bunting (Summit)
Yellow-eyed Junco (*Clear Creek)

ADAMS COUNTY:
—On September 18 Jesse Casias reported an American Golden-Plover at Barr Lake SP  along the Neidrach Nature Trail & visitor center area.
—On September 18 Adam Vesely reported a Sabine’s Gull at the Adams County Fairgrounds lakes (Mann-Nyholt), north of Henderson Road. F ll dark gray hood. It was with about 125 Cal ad Ring-billed gulls.
—On September 13 at Barr Lake SP on the Prairie Trail near the teepee, Ira Sanders, Dick Prickett and Tammy Sanders report a female 1st year PAINTED BUNTING.
--On September 13 at Barr Lake SP banding station, Meredith McBurney banded a Brewer's Sparrow.
--On September 13 at Barr Lake SP, Stringer and Whitten report 2 Philadelphia Vireo's.  1 was off the Pioneer Trail and the other 100 yds SE from the boat ramp towards the banding station.
--On September 15 McBurney banded a Golden-crowned Kinglet at the Barr Lake SP banding station.
--On September 16 the Sanders found a Dunlin at Barr Lake SP northwest of the banding station on an island with a Long-billed Dowitcher and 3 Pectoral Sandpipers.
—On September 17 McBurney banded a Blackpoll Warbler at the banding station at Barr Lake SP.

ARAPAHOE COUNTY:
--On September 15 Deferme reports a Sabine's Gull at Aurora Reservoir.

BENT COUNTY:
—On September 17 Jack and Ryan Bushong reported a RUDDY TURNSTONE at John Martin Res. on shoreline a few yards south of where the reservoir floods County Road JJ, making it impassable. It was associating with three Pectorals. A Northern Harrier flushed the bird, and it was not re-found.

BOULDER COUNTY:
—On September 18 Steven Mlodinow reported a Palm Warbler at Hall Ranch, on the Antelope Trail.
—On September 18 Jack Bushong reported a Black-and-White Warbler foraging in a Chickadee flock in the riparian along Coal Creek. The location was W of Community Park and E of Warembourg, along the Coal Creek Bike Path where is enters thick deciduous forest with cottonwoods and other hardwoods on either side. Last seen moving east towards the Community Park.
—On September 17 at Golden Ponds in Longmont, Pheneger reports an Eastern Phoebe.  At Roger’s Grove Park he reports a Cassin’s Vireo and a Cassin’s Kingbird.

CLEAR CREEK COUNTY:
—On September 17 Christine Stoughton Root reported Yellow-eyed Junco at St Mary’s Glacier Base.

CROWLEY COUNTY:
—On September 17 Jack and Ryan Bushong reported a RUDDY TURNSTONE at the Sewage Ponds near Lake Meredith. Crowley County Road G, west of County Lane 20.

DOUGLAS COUNTY:
--On September 11 at Chatfield SP marina sandspit Frank Farrel found a Red Phalarope.
--On September 12 at Chatfield SP Plum Creek/sandspit area Suddjian reports Lesser Black-backed Gull and a juv Sabine's Gull.

EL PASO COUNTY:
—On September 17 David Tonnessean reported a TROPICAL KINGBIRD at Chico Basin Ranch (fee). Photos and recording were made, he will submit to CBRC.
--On September 9 at Fountain Creek Regional Park, Diana Beatty reported 4 Mississippi Kites (2 juv, 2ad) and David Tonnessen reported 2 juv Mississippi Kites and Solitary Sandpiper. On September 18 Jacqueline Heyda reported 2 Mississippi Kites at Adams Open Space in Fountain.
--On September 9 at Venetucci Rarm, David Rudin reported 4 Mississippi Kites.

GUNNISON COUNTY:
—On September 18, Linda and Jerry Elling reported a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher at Hwy. 38 south of Gunnison.

LARIMER COUNTY:
—On September 18 Brad Biggerstaff reports a Nashville Warbler at Dixon Res. in west Fort Collins this morning. The bird was also seen by Nick Komar and David Wade.
--On September 8 at Timnath Reservoir, Joe Mammoser reported 4 Caspian Terns.  On September 9 at Timnath Reservoir, Candice Johnson reported Caspian Tern.
--On September 14 Gary Lefko reports Black-bellied Plover in seasonal farm ponds (east one) .5 mi north of Douglas Road and North Giddings Road (south of Wellington)

MONTROSE COUNTY:
—On September 18, Coen Dexter reported a Pectoral Sandpiper at a pond at Montrose Co Rds 145 & 400.

OURAY COUNTY:
--On September 8 at Ridgeway Banding Station, Linnea Rowse reported imm F Golden-winged Warbler.
--On September 9 at Billy Creek SWA, Jon Horn reported Black Phoebe.
--On September 9 at Box Canyon Falls Parks, Jon Horn reported 2 Black Swifts and 8 Cassin’s Finch.
--On September 9 in town of Ridgeway on Moffat St, Jon Horn reported Lewis’s Woodpecker.

PUEBLO COUNTY:
--On September 7 at Cottonwood Picnic Area below Pueblo Reservoir dam by the parking lot, Brandon Percival reported Black-throated Green warbler and Black-and-white Warbler.  On September 8 at Cottonwood Picnic Area below Pueblo Reservoir day, Brandon Percival reported Black-throated Green Warbler.  On September 9 at Cottonwood/Snakeskin Picnic Area of Lake Pueblo SP, Kathy Miller and Brandon Percival reported Black-throated Green Warbler.
--On September 7 at Cattail Crossing Pond in Pueblo, Brandon Percival reported Blackpoll Warbler.

SUMMIT COUNTY:
---On September 8 at Dillon Reservoir Frisco Lake front Trails, Nick Moore reported f Lark Bunting.
---On September 9 at North Tenmile Trailhead, Jack and Ryan Bushong reported m Williamson’s Sapsucker.

WASHINGTON COUNTY:
--On September 9 at Prewitt Reservoir, Glenn Walbek reported 5 Semipalmated Plovers, 75 Stilt Sandpipers, 3 Sanderlings, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, 29 Pectoral Sandpipers, 8 Semipalmated Sandpipers, Short-billed Dowitcher, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Common Tern, 2 Black-and-white Warblers, 3 American Redstarts, Northern Parula, Bay-breasted Warbler; Kathy Mihm Dunning et al reported American Golden Plover, 3 Semipalmated Plover, 10 Stilt Sandpipers, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, 2 Pectoral Sandpipers, 2 Semipalmated Sandpipers.
—On September 9 at Prewitt Reservoir, Loch Kilpatrick, Art Hudak, and Mark Chavez reported American Golden Plover, 8 Semipalmated Plovers, 53 Stilt Sandpipers, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, 3 Pectoral Sandpipers, Sabine’s Gull, Lesser Black-backed Gull.
--On September 8 at Prewitt Inlet Canal grove, Kathy Mihm Dunning et al reported 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Northern Parula, Bay-breasted Warbler.
—On September 9 at Prewitt Inlet Canal Grove, Loch Kilpatrick, Art Hudak, and Mark Chavez reported Black-and-white Warbler, Northern Parula, imm f Bay-breasted Warbler, and Chestnut-sided Warbler.

WELD COUNTY:
--On September 9 at Norma’s Grove, Ryan Graves reported Red-headed Woodpecker, Least Flycatcher, Cassin’s Kingbird, Tennessee Warbler.
--On September 8 at Crow Valley CG, Joey Kellner and Norm Erthal reported Tennessee Warbler and Nashville Warbler.  On September 7 at Crow ValleyCG Cynthia Kristensen reported Ovenbird.  On September 9 at Crow Valley CG Ryan Graves reported Blue-headed Vireo, Black-and-white Warbler, and Nashville Warbler.
--On September 7 at CR 57 S of CR 96 in trees by bridge, Gene Rutherford reported hatch year f Tennessee Warbler, 2 Clay-colored Sparrows.
--On September 8 at Behrens Reservoir, Gene Rutherford reported Dickcissel and 2 Clay-colored Sparrows.
--On September 11 at Crow Valley Campground, Amershek reports an Ovenbird.
--On September 15 at Crow Valley Campground, Righter reports an Olive-sided Flycatcher.

Denver Field Ornithologists Field Trips:
First Creek at Denver Open Space Saturday, September 23 6:45 AM - 11:00 AM Patrick O'Driscoll (Email: pato...@gmail.com Phone: 303-885-6955 (cell) Trail Difficulty: Easy Maximum Participants: 14 Directions: From East Denver take 56th Ave east toward Pena Blvd. First Creek parking lot is just before Pena on your left (north). Or take I-70 east to Pena Blvd. Drive north to 56th Ave Exit. Turn left at the light and at the bottom of the off ramp, pass under the highway and turn right, almost immediately, into the First Creek parking lot. We'll look for migrants and locals in this riparian-cottonwood-prairie setting near DIA. We'll walk 1.5 miles of paved path along the creek upstream to Tower Road and back. We'll also cover at least one-half mile of the Buckley Road pedestrian-bicycle strip along the Rocky Mountain Arsenal NWR's east boundary. And we'll check First Creek's cottonwood groves, meadows, and prairie dog town for raptors. Dress for the season and bring water and snacks. NOTE: At present there are no restrooms at this location. Closest public facilities are off Tower Road (King Soopers). Register online or contact leader.

Pawnee National Grasslands (Weld County) Sunday, September 24 FULL 6:00 AM - 3:30 PM Karen Drozda & Chris Goulart (Email: droz...@AOL.com Phone: 303-388-0891) Trail Difficulty: Moderate Maximum Participants: 12 Directions: Meet at Colorado Parks and Wildlife, 6060 Broadway to carpool. Exit I-25 at 58th Ave, go west 2 blocks to Broadway, then north 2 blocks to parking lot on right. We will meet at the above described location promptly at 6 AM. We will assemble carpools and leave the DOW at 6:10 AM. We will visit several productive sites such as Crow Valley Campground, Briggsdale, Murphy's Pasture and hopefully some playas with migrating shorebirds. This area should have migrating sparrows, longspurs, passerines and raptors. This is an all day trip. We will return to the DOW by 3:30 PM. Be prepared with food and water for an all day trip. The weather should be typical for autumn, but bring gear for changing weather. There is no shade so pack your hat. This is a great opportunity to bring your scope along. Please let the trip leaders know if you have 2 way radios that we could use. Register online or contact trip leader.

Rocky Mountain Arsenal NWR Sunday, September 24 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM FULL Chuck Hundertmark (Email: chunde...@gmail.com Phone: 303-604-0531) Trail Difficulty: Easy Maximum Participants: 10 Directions: Meet at the Arsenal Visitors Center, 6550 Gateway Rd, Commerce City, CO. General directions: On I-70 east, take exit 278, turn left onto Quebec St, turn right onto E 64th Ave, turn left onto Trenton St, continue onto Gateway Rd to Visitor Center. We'll look for migrants, waterfowl, raptors, and bison. We'll carpool because parking is limited at the lakes. Short walks on level trails. Good for beginning birders. Bathroom at Visitor's Center opens at 9 AM. Register online or contact leader.

Eastern Arapahoe and Adams Counties Tuesday, September 26 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM David Suddjian (Email: dsud...@gmail.com Phone: 831-713-8659) Trail Difficulty: Moderate Directions: Meet near Bennet off I-70 at the South side of the King Sooper's parking lot. Take I-70 east from Denver to the First Street exit and go north. Turn left on West Market Place Drive, then go right into the King Sooper's lot. We will travel the back roads in search of prairie breeders, shorebirds, and possible rare migrants. Some easy walking. We will carpool from the meeting place. Restrooms may be limited at times. Bring lunch and liquids. Register online or contact leader.

Ken Caryl Valley Area Wednesday, September 27 6:30 AM - 11:00 AM David Suddjian (Email: dsud...@gmail.com Phone: 831-713-8659) Trail Difficulty: Moderate Maximum Participants: 8 Directions: Meet at the northern (main) parking lot for South Valley Park along South Valley Road just east of Valley Parkway. We will carpool to another site from there. Details: We will visit a few areas in search of a variety of birds at private Ken Caryl Ranch. Plan for up to 3-5 miles of mostly easy terrain, with some uphill, possible rocky trails and single track. Bring light hiking shoes, water and snacks. Register online or contact leader.

For more information on the field trips go to dfobirds.org.

The next monthly meeting of Denver Field Ornithologists will be on Monday, September 18 at 7:30 p.m. at Ricketson Auditorium of Denver Museum of Nature and Science.  Scott Rashid will give a program on Barn Owls.

Good Birding,

Mary Driscoll
Unincorporated Arapahoe County

Allen antworten