Early morning Jeff/Arapahoe Co birds

Scott Somershoe

Jul 26, 2016, 9:35:21 AM7/26/16
to 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds
This morning I went out for a very early bike ride. At sunrise (which was awesome) on the S Platte greenway at Mineral, a rufous hummer was checking out flowers right off the path. Got a very close look as I rolled by.

Nearish the horse stable at Chatfield, Jeff Co, I heard a grasshopper sparrow singing. I thought I heard a dickcissel about where I found one a few weeks ago, but I didn't stop. My first Jeff Co grasshopper sparrow, I think.

As an aside, I've had a female/Imm calliope at my house in Littleton for the last several days. Sunday evening it was joined by an adult male and they alternated feeding until it was almost dark.

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone