Pueblo Area Record early migration dates

Brandon Percival

Mar 27, 2015, 12:46:42 AM3/27/15
to cobirds
As most of you know, Dave Silverman keeps track of record early and late dates for migrant birds for our Pueblo Area. Some of these records go back to the 1960s. I think two record early dates were broken today for the Pueblo Area. Pectoral Sandpiper in Crowley County and Snowy Egret in Otero County. I saw these birds reported on ebird. So, I emailed Dave to let him know. It is better if these kind of things are reported to cobirds, since I don't always notice everything that people report to ebird. The counties that the Pueblo Area includes are Pueblo, Crowley, Otero, Fremont, Huerfano, Custer, and Las Animas. If you bird in these counties and see something and might be an early or late date, please let Dave Silverman know. He reads cobirds, so that is the best way to let him and the rest of us know. I also hear an Eastern Phoebe had been in Pueblo County for a few days, this also could be a record early date, though I am not sure when it was first seen.

Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West , CO