Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/25/16

meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Sep 25, 2016, 6:55:14 PM9/25/16
to Colorado Birds
A very slow morning for birds at Barr - We spent most of our time replacing nets destroyed by marauding Bambis (lost 5 this morning).

We did catch our first of the season (and likely only) Blue Jay, our 4th Cassin's Vireo, and a few others.  Here's the breakdown:

Cassin's Vireo 1
Blue Jay 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 3
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 2

First morning all season that we have not banded a Wilson's.

WE ARE CLOSED TOMORROW, MONDAY. We are open 6 days each week, weather permitting, through October 16.We are closed every Monday in September, then October 4 and 12. We are opening nets at about 6:30 a.m. and we start closing between 11 a.m. and 12 noon.
We will open later and/or close earlier if it is very hot, very cold, wet, windy, etc. There are school groups most weekday mornings, usually arriving around 9:30. Best times to visit, if you like lots of birds and fewer humans, are early mornings during the week and Sundays.

Meredith McBurney
Bander/Biologist
Barr Lake Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies