male Purple Martin Las Animas Co.

Brandon

Jul 20, 2017, 10:28:38 AM7/20/17
to cobirds
Along Co. Rd.42 west of Aguilar, the male stakeout Purple Martin continues this morning.  It was flying around, I never saw it perched and see the female.  This was my first Purple Martin in Colorado in like ten years!  Thanks to the Thompsons for finding it and others who reported on this bird.  At least six Dickcissels were singing along this road as well.

I looked for Hepatic Tanager in southern Huerfano County, west of I-25 at exit 42 and didn't find them.  I haven't seen this species in Colorado in like 10 years too, so I was hoping to find them.  Probably earlier in the summer would have been a lot better time to see them.

Good birding,

--
Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West, CO