Warblers, Hinsdale County

Gary Koehn

Aug 23, 2016, 9:22:06 AM8/23/16
to Cobirds
Yesterday, there was a fairly good warbler fallout in Lake City.  A cold front with some rain has passed through in the past few days and I’m going to attribute it to that, for what it’s worth.  I saw several Wilson Warblers, Yellow Warblers, Yellow-rumps plus a very good looking male Nashville Warbler. A few Orange-crown Warblers were seen as well. Most of the action took place in the town’s main park at the junction of Henson Creek and the Lake-fork of the Gunnison River.  That Nashville Warbler was the first reported in Hinsdale County as far as I can determine.

Gary Koehn
Lake City
Colorado Springs