RFI - Harris Hawk Larimer County

Gary Witt

Jan 19, 2018, 9:49:46 AM1/19/18
to Colorado Birds
Greetings fellow birders -

Can anyone provide recent information about the citing of the Harris Hawk in Fort Collins?

My birding friend and I were planning a trip to Fort Collins on Saturday morning.  We are well aware of previous posts on this subject but were wondering if there is more recent information.

Thank you in advance,

Gary Witt
Denver, CO

Steven Rash

Jan 19, 2018, 11:45:39 AM1/19/18
to Colorado Birds
Earlier in the day it seems to be more reliably found. Just keep checking trees at mid level heights. Spots to look at/around would be the archery range, any tree you can see from the welcome center parking lot in all directions, and the one or two trees along the frontage road on the north side of prospect.

I must've driven by the welcome center to stop and look about 5 times before I finally saw it the other day.

Failed on 7 previous attempts to find it. So hopefully you have better luck than I did!

Steve Rash
Denver Co