Some Washington and Logan Birds on 7/23

William H Kaempfer

Jul 23, 2016, 7:36:17 PM7/23/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com

This morning I headed to  Prewitt and then Tamarack.  The summer gull stragglers were all present—Western with leg band, 2 Lesser Black-backed and a sorry looking Thayer’s.  I also kept hearing a Carolina Wren at the parking area between the western most bay of the reservoir and the inlet canal—the spot that used to have a couple of concreat barriers, but they seem to have walked off.  The wren sang over and over and finally gave me a look.

At Tamarack (west side) I had almost all of the goodies one hopes for there—except no Eastern Wood Pewee for me.  I did have singing Bell’s Vireo and Field Sparrow and a silent Yellow-billed Cuckoo showed itself.

Red Lion is drying out but starting to get shorebird active; about 10 shorebird species were present.

Bill Kaempfer

Boulder