Early arrivals in Yard

Tina Jones

Apr 23, 2018, 12:12:59 AM4/23/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Had my first m. Broad-tailed Hummingbird in my yd today, the earliest I have had them in my yard so far. I know they show up regularly at other locations this time of year.

The House Wren makes an early record for it's arrival in my yard.  April 9, the stealth House Wren arrived in my back yard. They are sneaky and hidden until they start singing. This bird's arrival really bothered my nesting Red-breasted Nuthatch, which had just started to lay eggs. The male Nuthatch called non stop while the Wren was near it's nesting box.I crossed my fingers the Wren would not go into the box, as they have done before.

Happy Birding!

Tina Jones

Littleton, Jefferson County,CO.