White-winged Scoter, Boulder Co

Peter Gent

Nov 28, 2015, 7:21:14 PM11/28/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
All,

The was a female/immature plumaged White-winged Scoter on Baseline Reservoir at 1:30pm this afternoon.  It was east of where I parked on south Cherryvale Road, which is just southeast of Boulder.

At the Valmont overlook I ran into Christian Nunes, who had seen a juvenile Pacific Loon on Six Mile Res, which is immediately south of Boulder Res.  On Boulder Res he saw a Greater Scaup and a first-year male Barrow's Goldeneye.  All these birds escaped my gaze when I arrived there later.  Also, no white Geese at Dodd Res.

Cheers,  Peter Gent.
Boulder.