Longmont Ducks

Kat Bradley-Bennett

Jan 23, 2017, 10:15:40 AM1/23/17
to Colorado Birds
After seeing the Tundra Swans, my sister and I went looking for ducks and we weren't disappointed.

St. Vrain Park had a smattering of Common Goldeneye and Common Mergansers, but there was one Hooded Merganser in with them

Clover Basin Lake (west of Longmont on Nelson Road) was PACKED with ducks yesterday in the only patch of open water on the whole lake. Among the flotilla of Canada Geese, were about 100 Redheads, about 100 Coots, 20 Common Mergansers, 20 Common Goldeneye, and 6 Ring-Necked Ducks.

I love seeing the Redheads. That always tells me that spring is around the corner!

Kat Bradley-Bennett
Longmont