Black Phoebes, Eastern Phoebes, Turkey Vultures and Yellow-rumped Warblers in Canon City

SeEttaM .

Mar 23, 2017, 1:58:44 AM3/23/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I have one pair of Black Phoebes that are regularly foraging between Sell's Lake and the Arkansas River for the past 6 days.  I saw a single Black Phoebe on the river two weeks ago but did not refind it.  This pair often forages near each other.  I got a couple of reasonable photos of one of them including one with a nice tail spread that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog.

I also found a pair of Eastern Phoebes returning to a nest site used every year for past several years.   The nest site is very vulnerable due to it's location.

I spotted my first Turkey Vultures of the year 2 nights ago but have not seen them since.  There were only 3 or 4 birds in the group.

Yellow-rumped Warblers have been migrating through Canon City for the past several days, just small numbers of them so far.

Also got photos of a couple of Wilson's Snipe that are on my Birds and Nature blog.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City