N Waterthrush (!), CSR, El Paso Co, Monday

Steven Brown

Aug 22, 2016, 3:38:15 PM8/22/16
to COBirds
Hi COBirders,

Here at Waterthrush Central the good times continue.  TWO more NOWA were banded at Clear Spring Ranch today, and another was seen by the MAMBO group by the picnic area.

That makes 8 banded in the last 10 days, and 15 for 2016 (7 Spring). Previous numbers were 7 for 2012-1015!  Sorry if it is boring to keep seeing this, but I am enjoying it!

Also 4 more Lazuli Buntings today, and 35 Chipping Sparrows, 2 Wilson’s Warblers, 3 Com Yellowthroat, and more for 52 birds banded today. That makes 200 birds in the last four days, compared to 15 in the same period 2015, and 12 in 2014. Wow!  It has been busy!

If you couldn’t tell, I’m having a blast!

More soon,
Steve Brown
Colorado Springs