Volunteers Needed for Denver Christmas Bird Count

Joey Kellner

Dec 7, 2016, 7:28:21 PM12/7/16
to Cobirds
The Denver Christmas Bird Count (62nd year running!) will be held Saturday,
December 17th with a compilation potluck starting at 5pm at the Chatfield
State Park headquarters (State Parks vehicle pass required).

Twenty-three count areas now have leaders and we are in need of
participants. Several count areas have very few (if any) observers beyond
the Area Leader. We need YOU to help us out! You don't have to be an
"expert" birder.
People of all birding levels are welcome! Since the Denver CBC covers a
broad range of habitats this is a great way to select a habitat and learn
the species in a habitat that you perhaps are not as familiar with. The
Denver CBC covers foothills (Mount Falcon, Indian Hills, Doublehead
Mountain, Red Rocks Park), Riparian (Deer Creek, Chatfield, South Platte
Park, parts of Littleton, Lakewood, Bear Creek, etc.).
Please contact me if you are interested in helping out for a morning, or all
day.

Note - If you cannot help out on this date, PLEASE consider volunteering to
help out on another Christmas Bird Count in Colorado. There are many CBCs
held state wide from December 14th to January 5th. Again, no prior
experience is needed and all skill levels are welcomed by the Compilers!
This is an amazing way to learn more about our "birds of winter". Please
join in the fun!

Joey Kellner
Compiler - Denver CBC
Littleton, Colorado