Early shorebirds, Lake Estes, Larimar Co., Earth Day

Jim Nelson

Apr 23, 2017, 12:26:34 AM4/23/17
to cobi...@yahoogroups.com, cob...@googlegroups.com
Continuing to enjoy our April visit to Colorado in Estes Park, I took a late afternoon walk at Lake Estes. I was surprised to find three species of shorebird -- a single Marbled Godwit (never reported for the Estes Park area in eBird), 4 Willet (only one other April report in eBird for this species in the Estes Park area -- April 24, 3013), and two Spotted Sandpipers (6 days earlier than the earliest prior reports in eBird for the Estes Park area).

Also had two Barn Swallows, the first in eBird for Estes Park this year.

Jim Nelson
Bethesda, Maryland