MicroType Set-Up

Danny Thornberry

Oct 3, 2011, 11:08:45 AM10/3/11
to CMS K-8 CTE
Guys,

I am trying to set up my students in MicroType 5. I do not have
administrator rights. So how do I setup a class so my students can log
into it? I want to be able to monitor their progress.

Thanks,

Danny Thornberry

Christian, Alice F.

Oct 3, 2011, 11:16:51 AM10/3/11
to cms-k...@googlegroups.com
Danny,

Press Alt & enter the password is mtype5. Then go to the Class management and create your classes. I had my students put their information in. They used the same username and password they use to logon the computer and select the correct class. Try to locate the manual it was mailed to the school.

Thanks
Alice Christian
Business Education Teacher
CTE Dept.
Bruns Academy • Rigor. Relevance. Relationships
501 S. Bruns Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28208
Oct 3, 2011, 12:00:47 PM10/3/11
to CMS K-8 CTE
Is that in the log in screen? My log in screen says test,test. I try
to put password in you gave me and that does not work. Any other
advice?

Thanks,

Danny Thornberry

On Oct 3, 11:16 am, "Christian, Alice F."
<alice.christ...@cms.k12.nc.us> wrote:
> Danny,
>
> Press Alt & enter the password is mtype5. Then go to the Class management and create your classes.  I had my students put their information in. They used the same username and password they use to logon the computer and select the correct class. Try to locate the manual it was mailed to the school.
>
> Thanks
> Alice Christian
> Business Education Teacher
> CTE Dept.
> Bruns Academy • Rigor. Relevance. Relationships
> 501 S. Bruns Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28208
> PH: (980)343-5495 FX: (980)343-5598
> From: cms-k...@googlegroups.com [cms-k...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Danny Thornberry [danny.thornbe...@gmail.com]

Christian, Alice F.

Oct 3, 2011, 12:59:10 PM10/3/11
to cms-k...@googlegroups.com
Ok that worked. Now what do I use for username and password to set up a new class??

Danny

Stafford, Latonya L.

Oct 3, 2011, 1:49:12 PM10/3/11
to cms-k...@googlegroups.com
students set that part up themselves. Like Alice said tell them to use the same user name/password they use to log on.
Latonya Stafford-Baldwin, CTE Teacher
Druid Hills Academy
980 343-5515