ERROR: No ClusterHAT/CTRL devices found

Vitor Gomes

Aug 19, 2021, 4:32:42 PM8/19/21
to ClusterHAT
Hello,

I did the manual installation but when checking the status is returning me an error. could someone help me?

Through the USB port at the top Could I share an HD SSD with the whole cluster?

topo.png
statuserror.png

Chris Burton

Aug 21, 2021, 9:33:15 AM8/21/21
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
 I think I replied to this query off list via the  ticket but if you're still having a problem let me know.

Chris.

Vitor Gomes

Aug 21, 2021, 2:14:25 PM8/21/21
to clust...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry, but I didn't receive the ticket answer.

And I'm still with the same problem.

Chris Burton

Aug 23, 2021, 4:41:01 PM8/23/21
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
Sorry, but I didn't receive the ticket answer.

Strange, it was accepted by Google servers - possibly ended up in the spam folder.

I did the manual installation but when checking the status is returning me an error. could someone help me?

Did you unplug/replug the uUSB cable between ClusterCTRL Stack  and controller and/or reboot whichever Pi you're using as the controller after install?

Assuming you've powered the ClusterCTRL Stack with 12-24V power supply and connected the uUSB to the controller Pi what does running "lsusb -t" on the controller Pi show?

Through the USB port at the top Could I share an HD SSD with the whole cluster?

The ClusterCTRL Stack has 2 USB ports.
- The Micro USB port is used to control the stack using "clusterctrl" command on a controller Pi.
- The USB Type-A is power output only so there's no data connection (can be used to power an Ethernet switch/fan/etc.)

Chris.

Vitor Gomes

Aug 23, 2021, 8:02:31 PM8/23/21
to ClusterHAT
I installed ubuntu 20.10 and I don't have anything plugged into the PI even so the same error occurs as before.

Would I have to install it on all PIs or on just one is enough?

My goal is to use FAN1 and FAN2

Because I already bought everything I'm just trying to make it work.

Chris Burton

Aug 24, 2021, 4:18:53 AM8/24/21
to ClusterHAT
Hi
I installed ubuntu 20.10 and I don't have anything plugged into the PI even so the same error occurs as before.

You need to plug a USB cable between Cluster Stack and controller Pi as "clusterctrl" uses USB to communicate with the ClusterCTRL Stack rather than via GPIO as the Cluster HAT does.

Would I have to install it on all PIs or on just one is enough?

You only need to install "clusterctrl" and the rest of the manual install steps on whichever Pi you want to run the clusterctrl tool from via USB.

My goal is to use FAN1 and FAN2

Controlling the fans doesn't require clusterctrl to be installed. The ClusterCTRL Stack turns the fans on/off as requested by P1-P5 toggling their GPIO 18.

From the earlier ticket reply.

You need to configure P1-P5 Pi to toggle the GPIO when the temp is high.

On Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS I use "dtoverlay=gpio-fan,gpiopin=18,temp=65000" in "/boot/firmware/usercfg.txt"

Chris.

Vitor Gomes

Aug 24, 2021, 7:13:04 AM8/24/21
to ClusterHAT
Thank you.

As I was not using the USB Cable it would never work.

I just have to learn how to work better with the Cluster now.

Again thank you very much.