A123 Battery Questions

Dave Hockaday

Oct 2, 2016, 9:40:09 PM10/2/16
to Raleigh Durham Radio Control
A123 battery question... I'm trying to program my charger for these... what is the nominal voltage per cell, the peak charge voltage per cell, and the peak charge sensitivity per cell for the A123 type?

JERRY POPE

Oct 2, 2016, 10:22:38 PM10/2/16
to club...@googlegroups.com
Dave Thacker runs Radical RC in Dayton and is very knowledgeable about the newer types of batteries.  He has been to
Fly-for-tots and is always at Joe Nall.  I am adding a link to one of his catalog battery pages.  He makes custom batteries
and other custom RC items.  Good luck.

Jerry                              ps:  John Knoy has good experience with A123 also.

On Sunday, October 2, 2016 9:40 PM, Dave Hockaday <sup...@scootworks.com> wrote:
A123 battery question... I'm trying to program my charger for these... what is the nominal voltage per cell, the peak charge voltage per cell, and the peak charge sensitivity per cell for the A123 type?

Dave Hockaday

Oct 3, 2016, 8:47:16 AM10/3/16
to Raleigh Durham Radio Control, ja...@bellsouth.net
Thanks Jerry, I'll give him a call. I did a bunch of reading last night and it looks like I can't reprogram my Accu-Cycle Elite charges for these, so I'll need to buy something specifically for the A123. Sounds like Dave would be the go-to person for this.

Dave

John Knoy

Oct 3, 2016, 11:12:07 AM10/3/16
to club...@googlegroups.com

Dave,. Hard to beat the cell pro multi 4 for the A123 battery packs. Been using one four 5 year s now. Absolutely positive results.

John

On Oct 3, 2016 3:40 AM, "Dave Hockaday" <sup...@scootworks.com> wrote:
A123 battery question... I'm trying to program my charger for these... what is the nominal voltage per cell, the peak charge voltage per cell, and the peak charge sensitivity per cell for the A123 type?

Dave Hockaday

Oct 19, 2016, 8:31:28 PM10/19/16
to Raleigh Durham Radio Control
Thanks, John!