running the store

Gary J Lee

Jun 15, 2018, 9:22:31 AM6/15/18
to club-casca...@googlegroups.com

I have been to the club since it was being built.  I have enjoyed the entire time and witnessed a lot changes and oddities at the resort:

·        The restaurant changing from one we avoided to one we really like

·        More gardeners than is needed often sweeping the sand to no end

·        Life before beach vendors jet skis, and cruise ships

·        Explosion in the number of palapas and the morning race to get the front spots

·        Losing the old bulky pool lounge chairs with the odd pillow headrest

·        Air conditioning added to all the units

·        Slowly but surely the bamboo slats in the showers are disappearing in most units – down to 2 or 3  – what’s the point of that?

·        On and on and on. And now another staffing head scratcher. My dealings with Aida were always positive.  I cannot say that about all my salespeople dealings.

On a budgetary note, we could never figure out why our store/gift shop is so downright crappy. Always has been.  They move no product and have awful stuff and lousy prices.  Go next door and see their shop actually having stuff people want and it is full of customers buying things – like a 7/11 store in the US.  That must generate some serious revenue.  Our attendant is almost always behind her counter fighting off boredom.

Gary Lee