Draft - Moving to the Cloud

drus...@ca.ibm.com

Oct 15, 2010, 12:36:57 PM10/15/10
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
A first working draft of the “Moving to the Cloud” version of the
Cloud Computing Use Cases White Paper has just been posted.

We are looking for volunteers to develop the topics in Step 2 of the
document. I would ask that you submit your name back to the discussion
group before starting any work and you will receive a confirmation
back from us as to which topic has been assigned to you. We want to
ensure that the initial work is assigned to one individual and prevent
duplicate efforts. That does not restrict anyone from commenting on
any posts as they evolve ( in fact we welcome comments on all posts as
that ensures that we have as complete a picture for Moving the Cloud
as possible ).

NOTE: In order to post to the group, you must be a member. To join,
click on the "Join this group" tab on the top right hand side of the
page and follow the instructions.

Once we have everyone's input, we will start to edit the content to
ensure that the paper has a consistent look, touch and feel.

We are looking forward to everyone's comments as we work to complete
the moving to the cloud version of the White Paper.

A copy of the current draft can be found in the files section at
http://groups.google.com/group/cloud-computing-use-cases.

Dave

Bhaskar Prasad Rimal

Oct 15, 2010, 3:32:53 PM10/15/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com, drus...@ca.ibm.com
Dear Dave and all,

I am ready for volunteer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
Bhaskar Prasad Rimal

Rizwan Ahmad (Ryu taichi)

Oct 15, 2010, 6:36:09 PM10/15/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
dear Drussell
count me in....

Tushar Khera

Oct 15, 2010, 7:40:18 PM10/15/10
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
Hi Drussel,

I would be really pleased if given a chance to contribute to this
paper.

Thanks and regards

Tushar Khera

Tushar Khera

Oct 15, 2010, 7:41:06 PM10/15/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com, drus...@ca.ibm.com
Hi Dave,

I would be really pleased if given a chance to contribute to this paper.

Thanks and regards

Tushar Khera

Rongyu He

Oct 16, 2010, 12:25:24 AM10/16/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Drussel,

Thanks and regards

Rongyu He
hero...@gmail.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5536 (20101016) __________

http://www.eset.com

Anand Deshpande

Oct 16, 2010, 3:28:22 AM10/16/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com, drus...@ca.ibm.com
Hi Dave,

I also like to contribute to this paper.

Thanks and Regards,
Anand D

Anish Mohammed

Oct 16, 2010, 6:02:11 AM10/16/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com, cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,
 I would be interested.
Regards

Anish Mohammed
Twitter: anishmohammed

Mike Nolan

Oct 16, 2010, 7:11:19 AM10/16/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

 I'd like to contribute to the paper in any way i can too.

Mike Nolan.

Jean-Loup Richet

Oct 16, 2010, 4:54:41 AM10/16/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com, cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com, drus...@ca.ibm.com
Hi Dave,

I am in too;

Regards,
Jean Loup Richet

Jewels

Oct 16, 2010, 8:29:21 AM10/16/10
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
Dear Dave and All

I have closely watch the group for quiet a while now.
If I can contribute in a way, count me in

Ogi Dimi

Krishna Venkatraman

Oct 16, 2010, 10:06:11 AM10/16/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Count me in as well i.e. to volunteer!

Regards,

Krishna Venkatraman

Jon C.Rav G.S.

Oct 16, 2010, 3:55:16 PM10/16/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Dave, you can count me in as well for topics in Step 2

Jon

--
Jon Rav.G. Shende FBCS CITP
Fellow British Computer Society

Technical Cloud Articles here :  http://jonshende.sys-con.com/

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit

mihad mohamed

Oct 17, 2010, 2:05:54 AM10/17/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
i would like to volunteer too .. but i am new to this (not to cloud computing, but to contributing like this).. would appreciate if someone could guide me on how i am to take part..

Eugene Luster

Oct 18, 2010, 12:56:02 AM10/18/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
I am willing to volunteer.  Let me know?

v/r,
  Eugene Luster

Rammohan Reddy

Oct 18, 2010, 4:07:52 AM10/18/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

I would like to contribute to the paper

Thanks
Rammohan

Madhurranjan Mohaan

Oct 18, 2010, 8:07:36 AM10/18/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

I am willing and eager to contribute to this paper.

thanks

Madhurranjan

Valery

Oct 18, 2010, 1:04:23 PM10/18/10
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
Hi Dave,

I worked the "Moving to the Cloud" topic this past summer.
Avaiable to contribute to this group topic.

Best Regards
Valery Herrington

On Oct 15, 12:36 pm, "druss...@ca.ibm.com" <druss...@ca.ibm.com>

G. Hussain Chinoy

Oct 18, 2010, 1:28:13 PM10/18/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Dave,

I'd like to volunteer, too, thanks!

Julio Graziano Pontes

Oct 19, 2010, 3:30:25 AM10/19/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I'm an information security professional in Brazil working in areas such as Information Security Solution Architecture, Identity Management, Security Operations Center and IT-GRC. My company is starting a new operation as a cloud service provider www.globalweb.net.br

I'll be also glad in volunteering, but as Mr Mohamed, I'm new at this kind of contribution/participation and also appreciate if someone could tell me how can I participate.

Thanks in advance!

Raji G

Oct 19, 2010, 5:09:30 PM10/19/10
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
I look forward to contribute to this effort given the opportunity.

As an aside, In step 2, I am interested in particular in the Recovery
as well as self healing infrastructure sections.

Raji
MS (CS), SCEA

Niranjan Davalbhakta

Oct 20, 2010, 6:13:25 AM10/20/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

I would be interested in contribution.

Thanks
Niranjan

joe zou

Oct 23, 2010, 7:02:07 PM10/23/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Sorry to reply a bit late. I just been told to start a formal customer engagement next week in the area of "Moving to the Cloud". I probably can contribute from a real project experience perspective. Not really sure if you already have enough people, but I am happy to review the draft and provide feedback as well.

Cheers,

Joe

babul bansal

Oct 24, 2010, 3:06:36 AM10/24/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

Being in the CTO-Cloud Computing team of Tata Consultancy Services, I would be very interested in contribution.

Regards
Babul Bansal

titan

Oct 27, 2010, 8:40:38 PM10/27/10
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
Hi Dave,

I would like to contribute. I have previous experience migrating
SME's to cloud solutions.

Thanks,
Darrell.

Andreas Matern

Oct 28, 2010, 8:11:04 AM10/28/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
I would like to contribute as well. I have experience with moving
pharmaveutical and scientific (biology/chemistry) data to the cloud.
Thank you - andreas

> --

Sent from my mobile device

--------------------------------
Andreas Matern
ama...@gmail.com
http://www.andreasmatern.com/

Skype: amatern
Voice: (617) 910-0417

Gins George

Oct 28, 2010, 10:09:32 AM10/28/10
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dave

It would be privilege for me to be the part of the team and contribute.
Please count me in.

Thanks and Regards
Gins George
LSE ADMIS '10