running docker container for multiple AWS account

Assigned to dan.lewi...@thoughtworks.com by me

nida sahar

Oct 19, 2021, 12:04:57 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi,

We would like to set up this for the existing cloud users.
Came across this:
If i keep using newer json keys will i be able to run this for different accounts?

docker pull cloudcarbonfootprint/api
docker run \
--env-file packages/api/.env \
--env
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/root/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json \
-p 4000:4000 \
-v $HOME/.aws/credentials:/root/.aws/credentials \
-v $HOME/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json:/root/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json \
cloudcarbonfootprint/api

Also, why this api call have both gcould as well and aws. ?

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Oct 19, 2021, 1:26:57 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hello,

If you use different account keys, you should be able to query the data for the specific account that the keys belong to. We implemented an option to provide Authentication through Google Cloud to access AWS data that you can refernce here.

Thank you for using the application! Please reach out for any more questions.

Thanks,
Cam

nida sahar

Oct 19, 2021, 1:37:48 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Cam,

Follow up questions. Through the api, i don't access to the ui ?

Thanks,
Nida

cameron.casher

Oct 19, 2021, 2:23:54 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
We have the api package separated entirely from the client package that contains the UI. The client package makes an api call to the data being served by the api package and our UI consumes that data to populate the charts and figures on the dashboard. If you have cloned the repo or installed the create-app, you can run 'yarn start' from the root directory to start both packages, or start them both separately in different terminals.

nida sahar

Oct 19, 2021, 8:05:16 PM10/19/21
to cameron.casher, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Cam,

Just to give context. I run a platform http://www.nife.io

I want to hook up the the carbon footprint feature so that the rest of the world can provide credentials and access it the details.

Creating json part is easy. Executing the api as well. Wondering for every api hook, should the ui be newly created?

Thanks,
Nida

Message has been deleted

nida sahar

Feb 17, 2022, 5:45:27 AM2/17/22
to Arik Smith, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Arik,

Thanks for the follow-up email.
All is fine, our -v feature for docker containers is taking time to complete.

Can the AWS credentials be passed and an -e option, does it have to be in -v?

We can do -e, we are ready.

docker pull cloudcarbonfootprint/api
docker run \
--env-file packages/api/.env \
--env
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/root/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json \
-p 4000:4000 \
-v $HOME/.aws/credentials:/root/.aws/credentials \
-v $HOME/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json:/root/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json \
cloudcarbonfootprint/api

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 3:01 AM Arik Smith <arik....@thoughtworks.com> wrote:
Hi Nida,

I hope all is well! It has been a while since our last conversation regarding your efforts in trying to implement CCF into your platform and making it accessible for more users.

We just wanted to check in to see if this was something you were still working on, and how it's coming along. Do you need any additional support from us? If so, we'd be happy to organize a check-in meeting or answer any additional questions you may have.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Arik
--
We're excited to hear from you and hope you're enjoying Cloud Carbon Footprint.
Please fill out our feedback form: https://forms.gle/nFzkRioryy4R1DGB6

nida sahar

Feb 14, 2023, 7:39:40 AM2/14/23
to Arik Smith, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Arik,

We have been trying to integrate carbon footprint into our solution, we are getting stuck with Athena related instructions on AWS.

Would you or you team be willing to help us out on it?

Thanks,
Nida