[ANN] Joint CCW + Leiningen Beta release

Laurent PETIT

May 31, 2012, 12:30:00 PM5/31/12
to clojuredev-users
Hello,

Now that Leiningen Integration is rather well tested and considered stable, it's time to ease the installation usecase :

I've simplified the installation procedure = Leiningen Integration is now included with Counterclockwise in a single-step download

* No need for http://ccw.cgrand.net/updatesite-lein-betas/ anymore => removed right now so that people still trying to download from it fail fast
* Just use http://ccw.cgrand.net/updatesite-betas/ and your next Update will bring to you both betas for CCW and Leiningen Integration

New in the beta:

* Leiningen integration features a brand new "Create leiningen project" wizard : you can even specify the name of the leiningen newnew template you want ! For example, try, instead of 'default', 'cljs-template' !

* Counterclockwise features a new feature: auto-detection of Clojure nature for java projects => add clojure jar to your java project, "et voilà", it is recognized as a clojure project.

This means that you can forget about this "manually enabling Clojure project" feature = by default it will be done for you.

I'm now considering 0.8.1 feature complete, and only bugfixes may trigger a new beta before releasing a stable version.

Please report feedback !

--
Laurent

Nick Klauer

May 31, 2012, 3:37:50 PM5/31/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Outstanding!  In case anyone else has this issue, I had to uninstall the current Leiningen plugin (on Win7) before upgrading would work.

-Nick

Laurent PETIT

May 31, 2012, 3:48:33 PM5/31/12
Le 31 mai 2012 à 21:37, Nick Klauer <Kla...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Outstanding!  In case anyone else has this issue, I had to uninstall the current Leiningen plugin (on Win7) before upgrading would work.

Thanks Nick for sharing this useful feedback !

Cheers,

Laurent

PPerm

May 31, 2012, 11:32:14 PM5/31/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Hello Laurent,

On Windows 7, JDK 7u4 (32bit), clean install of Eclipse (indigo SR2). I created a new project via the wizard and ran into a runtime exception. Essentially you hit Finish and it creates the root of the project and stops.

I pasted the error log here: http://pastie.org/4005679

Thanks,

Laurent PETIT

Jun 1, 2012, 12:55:51 AM6/1/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Yep this is a bug.
I'd like to be able to reproduce it, can you give more detail on what you did change in the wizard from the defaults ?
- changed the location maybe ?
- did the project name have spaces or uncommon characters ?
- etc.

I would appreciate if you could file an issue for this problem, thanks in advance.

--
Laurent

PPerm

Jun 1, 2012, 2:36:38 AM6/1/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Hi Laurent,

I don't have access to that machine at the moment, however it's a very typical install. JDK 1.7 u4, in the standard location, home dir is c:\users\name and has local admin. I have the JAVA_HOME enviroment var set to the usual suspect default location. Project names were all simple, one with an underscore in the middle, the rest just something akin to 'testproj' and were saved to the default workspace location (c\users\name\workspace). Nothing in the wizard was touched other than the name parameter.

Emacs/Lein work as expected on that machine as have previous installs of Eclipse/CCW.

I just checked on my Fedora17(also JDK1.7) and it works fine so far. (Very limited testing) So I'll have to poke around more tomorrow when I get into work.

Thanks,
To post to this group, send email to clojuredev-users@googlegroups.com.

Laurent PETIT

Jun 1, 2012, 2:40:33 AM6/1/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Are there some specific plugins declared in your ~/.lein/profiles.clj file ?

Laurent PETIT

Jun 1, 2012, 8:46:26 AM6/1/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem with a Windows box.

Seems like a bug in "lein new new" for windows on which the "new lein project" wizard is based.

Will have to see if lein2 preview5 + lein new new still have the bug (current CCW beta is based on lein2 preview4)

2012/6/1 PPerm <punch....@gmail.com>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/clojuredev-users/-/jRbpJbkCfk0J.

PPerm

Jun 1, 2012, 2:42:40 PM6/1/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Laurent.

Borkdude

Jun 2, 2012, 3:49:17 PM6/2/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
preview5 isn't able to download dependencies on windows (or more specific any environment that uses Oracle JDKs) so I would not base it on that..

Laurent PETIT

Jun 2, 2012, 4:06:33 PM6/2/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, I saw that :(

I'll focus on fixing the bugs not related to Leiningen-core first, and wait a couple days after preview6 is released before upgrading.

Not being able to jump into dependencies files, and to create new projects in windows (a newnew issue as far as I can tell, not a Leiningen-core issue) will be my first priorities.

Borkdude

Jun 5, 2012, 4:24:38 PM6/5/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
It seems the problems with downloading dependencies from https in preview5 from Oracle JDKs are fixed in preview6.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/clojuredev-users/-/CD8NhxQYOggJ.

Laurent PETIT

Jun 5, 2012, 4:28:24 PM6/5/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'll work on this on thursday.

2012/6/5 Borkdude <michiel...@gmail.com>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/clojuredev-users/-/X8U6OatNWc4J.

Borkdude

Jun 5, 2012, 4:33:57 PM6/5/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Is the most recent code of this plugin on github? it seems filing issues there gives a better overview than a mailing list.

Laurent PETIT

Jun 5, 2012, 4:44:22 PM6/5/12
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Starting a discussion on the mailing list is OK.

Then please file issues on the google code's issues page: http://code.google.com/p/counterclockwise/issues/entry

2012/6/5 Borkdude <michiel...@gmail.com>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/clojuredev-users/-/XXVoPFWiJaoJ.