[ANN] Nginx-Clojure v0.4.0 Release!

Yuexiang Zhang

Jul 5, 2015, 4:16:49 PM7/5/15
to nginx-...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com

0.4.0 (2015-07-06)

  1. New Feature: Service Side Websocket (issue #73)
  2. New Feature: A build-in Jersey container to support java standard RESTful web services (JAX-RS 2.0) (issue #74)
  3. New Feature: Tomcat 8 embedding support (so servlet 3.1/jsp/sendfile/JSR-356 websocket work within nginx!) (issue #67)
  4. New Feature: Coroutined Based Client Socket Supports to Bind to Specified IP Address (issue #69)
  5. New Feature: Handler's Property Configuration (issue #66)
  6. Enhancement: NginxHttpServerChannel can work with Rewrite Handler or Access Handler (issue #79)
  7. Enhancement: Configurable Write Buffer Size for SSE or Websocket (issue #76)
  8. Bug Fix: When we do not configure jvm_path proxy_pass will not work (issue #72)
  9. Bug Fix: nginx worker restart when get the value of header X-Forwarded-For (issue #70)
  10. Bug Fix: proxy_cache_path causes crash (issue #64)
  11. Bug Fix: send_timeout does not take effect with NginxHttpServerChannel (issue #78)
  12. Bug Fix: Waving tool generates wrong wave information of fuzzing classes (issue #80)
  13. Documents : Release History link in README (issue #68)
  14. Binaries Distribution: built with The latest stable Nginx v1.8.0 which released at 2015-04-21.

  1. Binaries of Releases (for linux, windows and macosx).  Freebsd users can get old v0.3.0 from https://www.freshports.org/www/nginx .
  2. Sources of Releases
  3. website : http://nginx-clojure.github.io/

Sean Johnson

Jul 6, 2015, 5:44:03 AM7/6/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com, nginx-...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the 0.4.0 release Yuexiang! Nginx-Clojure is by far my preferred way to deploy Clojure web apps.

FWIW, Re: #14, if anyone is interested in using Nginx-Clojure with the mainline version (1.9.2) rather than the latest stable (1.8.0) that's in the Nginx-Clojure binary, I built 1.9.2 with the Nginx-Clojure module (see http://nginx-clojure.github.io/installation.html) and it works fine.

Cheers,
Sean

Yuexiang Zhang

Jul 6, 2015, 9:17:27 AM7/6/15
to Sean Johnson, clo...@googlegroups.com, nginx-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sean! Glad to see Nginx-Clojure can also work well with nginx mainline version (1.9.2).
Cheers!

Yuexiang Zhang (Xfeep)

Yuexiang Zhang

Jul 6, 2015, 9:02:28 PM7/6/15
to Sean Johnson, clo...@googlegroups.com, nginx-...@googlegroups.com

So on Freebsd we can chose clojure module to enable it after run

pkg install nginx
cd /usr/ports/www/nginx
make config

Cheers!
Yuexiang Zhang (Xfeep)

Vikram Vis

Jul 7, 2015, 1:05:04 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com, nginx-...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome. I was really looking forward for the jersey container.

The jersey container along with nginx performance should make this is a standard server to deploy http rest resources.

Congrats on the 0.4.0 release.