enclojure install killed netbeans 6.8

strattonbrazil

Mar 5, 2010, 11:34:08 PM3/5/10
to Clojure
Has anyone had problems with netbeans starting with the enclojure
alpha? I restarted my session and it died. Now when I try to run
netbeans, it throws a classpath exception. Can I remove this plugin
or am I missing something in my install?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openide/
util/LookupListener
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:
142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332)
at org.netbeans.JarClassLoader.<clinit>(JarClassLoader.java:123)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.execute(MainImpl.java:182)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:78)
at org.netbeans.Main.main(Main.java:75)
org.openide.util.LookupListener
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332)
... 16 more

Mark Nutter

Mar 7, 2010, 1:25:17 PM3/7/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:34 PM, strattonbrazil
<stratto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had problems with netbeans starting with the enclojure
> alpha?  I restarted my session and it died.  Now when I try to run
> netbeans, it throws a classpath exception.  Can I remove this plugin
> or am I missing something in my install?

First of all, do you have the JavaSE module installed and activated in
NetBeans? That's a piece that will definitely crash your IDE if you
try running Clojure without it.

If you need to uninstall the plugin in order to reinstall everything,
and if you're under Linux, look in the .netbeans directory in your
home directory for any file containing '*cloj*' and I think you'll see
pretty quickly where the plugin files are.

$ find ~/.netbeans -name '*cloj*' -print

Not sure where the Windows equivalents live, but if you need help with
that let me know and I can find out.

Mark

strattonbrazil

Mar 7, 2010, 6:44:11 PM3/7/10
to Clojure
I am on Linux. I have a 6.6 and a 6.8 directory in my .netbeans
folder. 6.6 still runs. I have tried moving individual jars in and
out of that dir, but I still get the error. I even moved the entire
6.8 dir and still get the same message.

On Mar 7, 10:25 am, Mark Nutter <manutte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:34 PM, strattonbrazil

Mark Nutter

Mar 9, 2010, 5:01:17 PM3/9/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM, strattonbrazil <stratto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on Linux.  I have a 6.6 and a 6.8 directory in my .netbeans
> folder.  6.6 still runs.  I have tried moving individual jars in and
> out of that dir, but I still get the error.  I even moved the entire
> 6.8 dir and still get the same message.

There's more than just jar files involved -- some of the .xml config
files contain pointers that tell NetBeans to try to load whatever
library it is that you are missing. If you want to completely remove
the plugin, you need to get rid of all the clojure-related files in
the .netbeans/6.8 directory. You can use the find command to locate
them:

$ find ~/.netbeans -name '*cloj*' -print

Mark

strattonbrazil

Mar 10, 2010, 3:55:35 PM3/10/10
to Clojure
No, I moved the entire 6.8 directory out of .netbeans and it still
didn't run. You still think I should focus on getting rid of just the
clojure files? Netbeans can't just rebuild that directory seeing as
it's not there anymore?

Josh

Mark Nutter

Mar 10, 2010, 10:03:49 PM3/10/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried removing the entire 6.8 directory (except in
conjunction with a complete reinstall of NetBeans), so I can't say
whether that should or should not work, but I have manually removed
the enclojure plugin via deleting the clojure-specific files and that
has gotten me out of a few jams. Beyond that I'm out of tricks.

Good luck.

Mark