[JOB] Software Engineer | Red Planet Labs | Fully distributed team

Nathan Marz

Feb 20, 2020, 2:01:33 PM2/20/20
to Clojure
We're a well-funded startup building a new kind of software development tool that will radically change the economics of software development. We're backed by some amazing investors including Max Levchin, Naval Ravikant, and Alexis Ohanian.

Since our first round of hiring last year we've gotten the hang of operating as a fully distributed team and are now ready to grow the team further.

Our technology is entirely in Clojure, and it pushes the boundaries of what's possible with compilers, databases, and distributed systems. If you'd be interested in joining, please reach out!

Don Waldhalm

Feb 21, 2020, 3:41:33 PM2/21/20
to Clojure
Please expound "radically change the economics of software development."

Andy Fingerhut

Feb 21, 2020, 3:52:34 PM2/21/20
to clo...@googlegroups.com

I suspect "radically change the economics of software development" means "drastically reduce the cost to achieve any of a large set of goals we believe our technology covers".  Reduce by how much?  Maybe they have proposed answers to that question that they are willing to share publicly, but such things can be difficult to quantify today, even with over 40 years of world-wide experience of teams using different programming languages, tools, processes, workflows, etc.

How do they propose to achieve this?  I would not be surprised if the linked articles on the red-planet-labs web site might be the extent of the public answers to that question.  Lots of startups remain in 'stealth' mode for a while, being very very careful to let out details of what they are doing, lest some other company use the ideas themselves and run with them.

Andy

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojure/7eb64aef-1cd0-43de-9f08-12fa004d782a%40googlegroups.com.

Kenneth Beesley

Feb 22, 2020, 11:49:35 AM2/22/20
to clojure
Many thanks for your message.

The work you describe is not currently what would interest me, though I’d love to learn more Clojure.

Best wishes,

Ken

---

Kenneth R. Beesley, D.Phil.
PO Box 540475
North Salt Lake UT 84054
USA

ri...@chartbeat.com

Feb 22, 2020, 7:38:19 PM2/22/20
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I don’t want a new job but I’m super curious what you guys are building! If I interview will you tell me? 😎😎