cascalog and java 1.7

Sunil S Nandihalli

Feb 26, 2015, 3:26:24 PM2/26/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,
 I have been meaning to try cascalog for a while now looking at its powerful query language. But today when I was trying to play with it I am getting some errors and when I go back cascalog readme page it says cascalog runs only with java 1.6 . Is it just that the readme is outdated or does it really mean that cascalog cannot run on java 1.7? I thought I need to confirm this before investigating cascalog any further.
Thanks,
Sunil.

Sam Ritchie

Feb 27, 2015, 9:38:45 AM2/27/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sunil,

That's probably due for an update. Hadoop 1.x (and 0.21.x, etc) only ran on JDK6. As long as the Hadoop distro you've chosen runs on JDK6 or JDK8 you're going to be fine.

Cheers,
Sam

February 26, 2015 at 1:25 PM
---

Sam Ritchie (@sritchie)

Sunil S Nandihalli

Feb 27, 2015, 6:22:44 PM2/27/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sam for the response. I am up and running with cascalog on java-1.7 cascalog 2.1.1
Regards,
Sunil.