int arguments for Java annotations

Joe Littlejohn

Jul 23, 2017, 4:14:23 PM7/23/17
to Clojure
Hi all,

I recently used Clojure to create a Java interface and class (via definterface/deftype) that both required Java annotations. I was within striking distance of my goal, but was finally caught out by the fact that although Clojure has a nice Java annotation syntax, one cannot currently supply an int argument to a Java annotation.

This same issue is described here:

It seems a shame that the Java annotations support in Clojure is very useful and capable yet has an Achilles' heel.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how this could be solved in Clojure?

Joe Littlejohn

Jul 24, 2017, 9:23:15 AM7/24/17
to Clojure
Sorry, to be clear, when I say 'thoughts on how this could be solved in Clojure', I mean changes in the core that would allow this to work in a future version of Clojure :)