[ANN] net: the clojure netty companion 0.3.3-beta2

Pierre-Yves Ritschard

Jan 17, 2017, 7:22:04 AM1/17/17
to Clojure
Hi,

Some time ago, I followed a path which involved not depending on aleph[1] for asynchronous programming.
Some bits that we use internally at Exoscale where carved out in what is now net[2].

This library aims to provide a thin layer on top of netty, staying a bit closer to netty than aleph permits, with less dependencies.
I'd like to point out that this might not be for everyone, and that if you want an all-encompassing framework, aleph may be better suited.

That being said, a smaller and more lightweight library might be of interest to some, so here is net, now with guides[3] and api documentation[4] to help explain the
netty programming model.

Next up: more guides, tests and specs.