[JOB] Clojure Selenium Load Testing Consultant

Alexander Hudek

Feb 27, 2015, 10:40:47 PM2/27/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Here at DiligenceEngine we’re building out a load testing system for our Om-based ClojureScript and Clojure web application. We need to scale out test scenarios to 500+ concurrent users are looking for someone experienced in writing selenium tests in Clojure to give us a hand.

Required skills

  • Clojure

Very much desired skills

  • Selenium WebDriver (clj-webdriver or java selenium APIs)
  • Coding to AWS EC2 APIs (amazonica or similar Clojure wrapper, or java APIs)
  • Linux (CentOS in particular) in AWS (cloud-init, similar processes)
  • Knowledge of Clojure/Selenium based cloud technologies we might use to speed our goals

Nice to have skills

  • Selenium related tools such as Selenium Grid
  • Traditional load testing tools (and knowledge of their limitations) such as LoadRunner

This job would last 1-2 months and can start immediately.  Remote is welcome, though we prefer someone in a north american time zone to make communication easier. If you are interested please get in touch at jo...@diligenceengine.com

--

For those interested, our application is a single-page app using ClojureScript and Om on the client and Clojure on the server. It is a highly dynamic app, every single change to the database results in automatic updates being sent out to all clients watching the relevant resources. We use a combination of REST routes for change requests and browserchannel for async push of data updates to make this happen.

Unfortunately, these technologies have also made it quite challenging to load test. In particular, we’ve found that it is difficult to get most traditional load testing tools to work well with browserchannel. For this reason we’ve settle on Selenium to simulate load. We’re using AWS to host and build our testing environment.