Best way to test multiple implementations of a protocol?

Leif

Mar 24, 2015, 9:40:08 PM3/24/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com

If I have a protocol that supposedly satisfies some constraints, and multiple implementations that supposedly implement the protocol, what is the best way to test them all?

A minimal example is here: https://gist.github.com/leifp/bf5c74eea98026329a76

This question on SO is basically the same as mine, but the answer seems less than ideal to me:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16578882/testing-to-the-interface-in-clojure

In my mind, the ideal solution lets you:
* See the failing implementation in the test output
* Don't repeat yourself

I'm surprised that this isn't well-trodden ground, given the amount of people using Components to organize their apps, but I can't find any examples.  Perhaps I am just failing to use the internet properly.

Thanks,
Leif

Atamert Ölçgen

Mar 27, 2015, 5:56:35 AM3/27/15