Best way to create a namespace at runtime from a web app

Sarkis Karayan

Apr 24, 2014, 1:44:02 PM4/24/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am working on a web app that allows code and namespace creation at runtime, but I get an error when trying to create a namespace from a web process:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't change/establish root binding of: *ns* with set

This works when doing in a repl or single threaded process, but fails when doing from the web app or in a go block.
I want the new namespace to be visible to all future web processes without restarting the app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sarkis

A. Webb

Apr 24, 2014, 2:26:39 PM4/24/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried the aptly named create-ns?

Shane Kilkelly

Apr 24, 2014, 2:27:30 PM4/24/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I can't offer any advice on how to do this, but I am genuinely curious as to why one would need to create a new namespace as part of a web server.
Care to provide an example? :)

Sarkis Karayan

Apr 24, 2014, 9:31:58 PM4/24/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I was doing everything but the obvious. :-)

Sarkis Karayan

Apr 24, 2014, 9:40:34 PM4/24/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com
My product integrates the code editor into the browser and allows live updates to the runtime. :-D