Clojure spec generate and instrument in cascade

Azzabi Ahmed

Jan 7, 2018, 1:01:49 PM1/7/18
to Clojure
Hi all, so usually I structure my application as black box, that takes some input and gives output, I usually validate inputs before starting with them in my system boundaries, which I think clojure spec is good for since it also allows to document what my application accept or expect. Now my question is there a library that allows to deduct/infer specs then I call instrument to validate that following called methods respect the specs.

Example

If I have function foo that takes some input that I already wrote specs for, then foo will call bar with some part of the input. Is their a lib to infer bar specs based on foo specs and calls ? Also that then I can instrument and check if all code calls are consistent ?

Thanks

Gary Verhaegen

Jan 7, 2018, 4:41:39 PM1/7/18
to clo...@googlegroups.com
A Google search for "clojure spec generate" turned up this for me on
the first page of results:
https://github.com/stathissideris/spec-provider

It may or may not fit your use-case, but scanning through the README
it seems at least related to what you're looking for.

Azzabi Ahmed

Jan 7, 2018, 5:41:18 PM1/7/18
to Clojure
I came across that library that one is generating specs from sample data, but what I want is, if I have specs for a function foo is there a library to generate specs for bar that's called from foo.