[ANN] Immutant 2.0.0

Toby Crawley

Apr 17, 2015, 12:21:41 PM4/17/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
We released Immutant 2.0.0 today, which includes many improvements
over 1.x, the most notable being an application server is no longer
required. For details on the release, see
http://immutant.org/news/2015/04/17/announcing-2-final/.

With 2.0.0, Immutant has evolved from "an application server for
Clojure" to "an integrated suite of Clojure libraries for web,
messaging, scheduling, transactions, and caching". And though they are
now fully-functional embedded within your app, they each become
automatically enhanced (session replication, load-balanced message
distribution, linearly scalable caches, HA singleton jobs and daemons)
when deployed to a WildFly cluster.

2.0.0 has a much smaller footprint, a very fast Undertow web server,
async web support (websockets, streaming HTTP, Server-Sent Events), a
more permissive Apache license, and cleaner API's when compared
to 1.x.

# Immutant at Clojure/West

I'll be hosting an unsession at Clojure/West Monday night
(https://github.com/clojurewest/clojurewest2015/wiki/Unsessions), drop
in if you are attending and interested, or find me in the hallway.

- Toby