Anyone mourns the loss of: tryclj.com ?

Didier

Dec 15, 2017, 10:29:23 PM12/15/17
to Clojure
Just realized that: tryclj.com is gone.

I wonder if clojure.org could come to the rescue, and add a try-me web repl on it. I feel like tryclj when I first got started and became interested was a great gateway.

repl.it is just a little too bloated for my liking as a replacement.

Zach Oakes

Dec 15, 2017, 10:59:12 PM12/15/17
to Clojure
You can get a cljs one at http://clojurescript.net but I think a JVM clojure web repl is pretty hard to keep safe from mischief since it needs to execute code server-side.

Jeaye

Dec 16, 2017, 3:20:31 AM12/16/17
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 03:59:11AM +0000, Zach Oakes wrote:
> I think a JVM clojure web repl is pretty hard to keep safe from mischief since it needs to execute code server-side.

Or would it... http://plasma-umass.github.io/doppio-demo/

Leon Grapenthin

Dec 16, 2017, 8:05:12 AM12/16/17
to Clojure
On tryclj I entered my first Clojure forms. The 5 minutes tutorial was great because it made me want to learn more. Whether JS or JVM, we should get a substitute up and running, preferably on the home page.

Andy-

Dec 16, 2017, 9:27:27 AM12/16/17
to Clojure
You can also get a REPL with https://coderpad.io/ . It even runs Clojure 1.9 and the editor has great VIM bindings.

If it asks you to register you can just start a new session in an incognito window.

HTH

Andrea Richiardi

Dec 16, 2017, 7:33:37 PM12/16/17
to Clojure
Give we are throwing names out there (you'll excuse my self-plug here) my team developed some time ago clojurescript.io.
I think it is still one of the best REPLs out there. The code is also open source at https://github.com/Lambda-X/cljs-repl-web and I accept PRs for improvements/new ideas :)