Clojure, Java 9, and you

Toby Crawley

Nov 22, 2016, 1:49:54 PM11/22/16
to clo...@googlegroups.com
To prepare us all for Java 9 (currently scheduled to be released in
July[1]), I've created a Github repo[2] to track Java 9 issues across
the Clojure ecosystem. If you run into an issue, please check the
issues on that repo to see if it's already a known problem. If it's
not, please file one there and link to any library issues.

If you haven't yet tried to build/run your code with Java 9, I
recommend you give that a try soon. That will help library/Clojure
maintainers find and fix issues before Java 9 is final. You can
install early access builds from [3].

If you're at Clojure/Conj next week and have any Java 9 issues you'd
like to pair on, I'd be happy to take a look.

- Toby

[1]: http://www.java9countdown.xyz
[2]: https://github.com/tobias/clojure-java-9/issues
[3]: https://jdk9.java.net/download/

Matching Socks

Jun 5, 2017, 7:24:46 PM6/5/17
to Clojure
Reading between the tea leaves, what does the delay in Java 9 (in connection with modularity) portend for Clojure?

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3198912/java/java-9-delayed-due-to-modularity-controversy.html

Alex Miller

Jun 5, 2017, 10:34:36 PM6/5/17
to Clojure