lein repl broken under 1.9?

Andrew Dabrowski

Jan 13, 2018, 4:12:06 PM1/13/18
to Clojure
I can't start a lein repl under 1.9 ( clojure 1.8 still works fine).

$ lein repl
WARNING: boolean? already refers to: #'clojure.core/boolean? in namespace: seesaw.util, being replaced by: #'seesaw.util/boolean?
Exception in thread "main" clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: Call to clojure.core/ns did not conform to spec:

and then follows pages more error messages.  Is there really a problem with clojure.core/ns?

I haven't even written any code yet, this is right after creating a new project with lein.

I'm on ubuntu 16 LTS, 64bit.

openjdk version "1.8.0_151"

Leiningen 2.8.1 on Java 1.8.0_151 OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM

Andy Fingerhut

Jan 13, 2018, 4:14:32 PM1/13/18
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Given the warning about seesaw.util, I would guess that your project.clj file has seesaw as a dependency?  Or maybe  you have seesaw in your ~/.lein/profiles.clj file as a dependency?

If so, either seesaw, or some other dependency being loaded, likely has an erroneous ns form somewhere.  Perhaps where that erroneous ns form is can be determined from some of the error messages you have not shown.  Clojure 1.9.0 checks the syntax of ns forms more strictly, and issues error messages about them, more strictly than previous versions of Clojure.

Andy

---

Andrew Dabrowski

Andrew Dabrowski

Jan 13, 2018, 4:22:32 PM1/13/18
to Clojure
Here's the minimal profile.clj

(defproject foobar "0.1.0-SNAPSHOT"

:description "foobar explorer"

:url ""

:license {:name "Eclipse Public License"

:url "http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html"}

:dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.9.0"]]

:main ^:skip-aot foobar.core

:target-path "target/%s"

:profiles {:uberjar {:aot :all}}

)

and core.clj

(ns foobar.core

(:gen-class)

)

(defn -main

"I don't do a whole lot ... yet."

[& args]

(println "Hello, World!"))

which produces

$ lein repl

[...]

Andrew Dabrowski

Jan 13, 2018, 4:31:56 PM1/13/18
to Clojure
You were right: it was spyscope.  I forgot I had it in .lein/profiles.clj.