Counterclockwise's Plugin Shortcuts for OS X

JPatrick Davenport

Jul 7, 2015, 11:21:34 AM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I want to use the linter within Eclipse. I followed the instructions for both the plugin manager as well as the linter. Unfortunately I don't know the shortcut keys to run them with Eclipse in OS X. I can't find any menu options to activate these. Perhaps I'm overlooking something.

What should I do?

Thanks,
JPD

Fluid Dynamics

Jul 7, 2015, 11:36:57 AM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com

As a *general* rule, the Mac command key does the same thing as the Linux/Windows control key, and the Mac control key the L/W alt key. So try command+X if it says to use control+X and control+X isn't working for you.

adrians

Jul 7, 2015, 2:50:02 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
If you check the error view, do you see the Eastwood user plugin being loaded? There should be some logged output in there from all the user plugins that Eclipse/CCW sees. If it is there, then, according to the Eastwood plugin's readme it should be Cmd+U E to invoke the plugin.

Luc Préfontaine

Jul 7, 2015, 2:56:08 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Create an external tool command (lein eastwood) perhaps ?

Sorry, could not resist :)))))

Luc P.

Sent from my iPad
---

adrians

Jul 7, 2015, 4:08:17 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Good one - I was almost going to be the straight guy for that.

adrians

Jul 7, 2015, 4:13:46 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com

I just checked this plugin on my Eclipse setup (Windows) and it works fine, with Ctrl+U E - the first time took a little while to get the dependencies pulled down. Subsequent invocations don't take too long, but the linting is not instantaneous, so don't panic if you don't see anything. I guess the plugin could be enhanced with some kind of progress indicator. Look at the console, for output. If there are warnings/errors, there will be markers added to the editor, as per documentation.

JPatrick Davenport

Jul 7, 2015, 4:31:32 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
If I use command as a sub for control, Command + U E, all I get is an editor tab selection popup. I double checked that I installed the plugin manager and eastwood. Both are there as per the READMEs. I'm guessing at this point the plugin manager isn't starting. I've ran Counterclockwise from the command line open -a style. Nothing in the terminal either. The binding Cmd + U When in Window means execute. Unbinding doesn't help.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 4:13 PM, adrians <nma...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just checked this plugin on my Eclipse setup (Windows) and it works fine, with Ctrl+U E - the first time took a little while to get the dependencies pulled down. Subsequent invocations don't take too long, but the linting is not instantaneous, so don't panic if you don't see anything. I guess the plugin could be enhanced with some kind of progress indicator. Look at the console, for output. If there are warnings/errors, there will be markers added to the editor, as per documentation.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Clojure" group.

adrians

Jul 7, 2015, 8:36:47 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Did you check the log in the error view of Eclipse? If this view is not opened, just open it from the menu (Window/Show View/Error log). In there you will see if plugins are loading properly.

What version of CCW are you using? I'm not sure at what point Laurent started bundling the plugin manager with CCW, but it's there (so you don't need to install it) in the version from the master branch, which is the one I'm using. Btw, Laurent is on vacation now, otherwise he'd be quick to offer support. In the meantime, for something like this, I think I should be able to help you get going, but I need a few more data points from you in order to do that.

JPatrick Davenport

Jul 7, 2015, 8:53:56 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Fun fact: I don't have an Error Log. All I have is Console even if I go into the Other... option for Show View.

I'm using the OS X dmg for 0.31.1.STABLE001.

I'm going to reinstall CCW.

JPatrick Davenport

Jul 7, 2015, 9:17:52 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Okay. We're getting somewhere. Apparently the OS X stand alone version lacks the Error Console. I downloaded, deleted the old copy and installed the new. No console. I added the plugin to my current Luna install. Got the error console.

java.lang.RuntimeException: No such var: p/skipped-plugin-message, compiling:(/Users/jdavenpo/.ccw/ccw-ide/ccw-plugin-manager/ccw-plugin-manager.clj:23:32)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6464)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$InvokeExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3719)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6646)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$InvokeExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3719)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6646)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$InvokeExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3719)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6646)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$BodyExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:5782)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6644)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$IfExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:2708)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6644)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6632)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$InvokeExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3719)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6646)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$InvokeExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3719)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6646)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$BodyExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:5782)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$LetExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:6100)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6644)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6632)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$BodyExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:5782)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$TryExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:2191)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6644)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$BodyExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:5782)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$LetExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:6100)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6644)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6632)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$BodyExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:5782)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$FnMethod.parse(Compiler.java:5217)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$FnExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3846)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6642)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6632)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.access$100(Compiler.java:38)
at clojure.lang.Compiler$DefExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:538)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6644)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6445)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6406)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6707)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.load(Compiler.java:7130)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.loadFile(Compiler.java:7086)
at clojure.lang.RT$3.invoke(RT.java:318)
at ccw.core.user_plugins$load_user_script.invoke(user_plugins.clj:103)
at ccw.core.user_plugins$start_user_plugin$fn__5609.invoke(user_plugins.clj:117)
at ccw.core.user_plugins$with_bundle$reify__5594.run(user_plugins.clj:87)
at ccw.util.osgi.ClojureOSGi.withBundle(ClojureOSGi.java:71)
at ccw.core.user_plugins$with_bundle.invoke(user_plugins.clj:84)
at ccw.core.user_plugins$start_user_plugin.invoke(user_plugins.clj:114)
at ccw.core.user_plugins$start_user_plugins.invoke(user_plugins.clj:140)
at clojure.lang.Var.invoke(Var.java:375)
at ccw.util.ClojureUtils.invoke(ClojureUtils.java:28)
at ccw.util.ClojureInvoker._(ClojureInvoker.java:18)
at ccw.core.Eclipse4ModelProcessor$1.handleEvent(Eclipse4ModelProcessor.java:48)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:40)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3983)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No such var: p/skipped-plugin-message
at clojure.lang.Util.runtimeException(Util.java:221)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.resolveIn(Compiler.java:6914)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.resolve(Compiler.java:6884)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSymbol(Compiler.java:6845)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6427)
... 103 more

adrians

Jul 7, 2015, 10:32:37 PM7/7/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
From the stack trace you have, it looks like some part of CCW is not installed properly in your Luna install, since a needed resource, p/skipped-plugin-message (which is ccw.core.user-plugins/skipped-plugin-message based on the plugin manager source), is not found.

When you say you "installed the new", what exactly did you install? Was it from an update site and, if so, from what update site? Could be that whatever version you got is somehow incompatible with Luna. Might I suggest trying this with Mars? This is what I've got going with the CCW version based on the master branch. If you need to stick with Luna, is it the latest SP? Possibly there is a problem with the stable 0.31.1 CCW and the latest SP of Luna since that CCW was released in Dec. 2014 and the latest Luna SP came after that, IIRC.

Anyhow, all this is wrt your latest combination and says nothing about the standalone CCW you initially tried; I'm just surprised to hear that that version has no Error view since it is so useful for debugging. You can maybe load the .log file in another editor to see if the status logging for the user plugins looks OK. It should be under the .metadata directory inside the workspace directory you're using.

My recommendation - use Mars and the master branch of CCW for now. There have been a ton of commits since 0.31.1 came out.

Laurent Petit

Jul 8, 2015, 12:17:15 AM7/8/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Quick apparition here. Indeed, I strongly suggest following Adrian's advice to use the software update site from the master branch: http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/branch/master

I just haven't released it because I didn't want to just before the start of my vacations.

The plugin you've installed needs this new version of ccw.

If someone can file issues for:
- bundling the Error View in the standalone version of ccw
- find a way to check ccw min version to use for  user plugins

that would be great!

Thanks

Laurent

Envoyé avec Mailbox

---

adrians

Jul 8, 2015, 2:48:50 AM7/8/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Done.

JPatrick Davenport

Jul 8, 2015, 7:54:53 AM7/8/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Adrians,
Thanks for the help. Upgrading to Mars and using the master update site worked.

To answer your prior question about what I installed last night. I installed the plugin for the Market Place into Eclipse Luna and I re-downloaded the stand alone OS X install. My take away is that the documentation for Counterclockwise needs to be updated. It should explicitly recommend Mars and probably exclude the Market Place recommendation.

Thanks.
JPD

Laurent PETIT

Jul 8, 2015, 8:09:56 AM7/8/15
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi JPatrick,

The documentation will indeed recommend Mars and the market place will point to the new stable release as soon as I'm back and I can safely release it.
---

Laurent Petit