[ANN] SF Reagent Meetup TODAY 6:30pm @Loyal3 @Meerkat

Marc Fawzi

Apr 17, 2015, 4:05:38 AM4/17/15
to reagent...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
  • Thursday, April 16, 2015

    6:30 PM

  • Loyal3

    150 California St Ste 400, San Francisco, CA (edit map)

  • two blocks from the Embarcadero BART on California and Front
  • SF Reagent Meetup Agenda:

    IMPORTANT: We will be streaming the event live MEERKAT @ 7:00PM PDT (GMT time -7 hours) today! -- Follow @marcfawzi on Twitter for live updates.

    To watch on the web (non-interactive mode)

    http://meerkatapp.co/marcfawzi/sch-1a612560-df50-4d13-a00c-c828eee742c9

    Meerkat is available on iOS and viewers are encouraged to download the app (interactive mode)

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meerkat-tweet-live-video/id954105918?mt=8

    Unofficial Meerkat app for Android - made with love by Meerkat's engineers (interactive mode)

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.getair.meerkat&hl=en

    1. 6:30pm - 7:00pm:

    meet & greet, food and drinks, social

    2. 7:00pm - 7:30pm: (LIVE STREAM via Meerkat)

    Intro to Reagent-Template (repo: https://github.com/reagent-project/reagent-template) --- by its author Dmitri Sotnikov(also author of Luminus.) Dmitri will be presenting via Google hangout on a big screen and you will be able to ask him questions live. This should be interesting.

    3. 7:30pm - 7:45pm:  (LIVE STREAM via Meerkat)

    Re-frame and Reagent port of Angular's phonecat (repo:https://github.com/dhruvp/angular-phonecat-re-frame) -- by its author Dhruv Parthasarathy (MIT)

    4. 7:45-8:00pm  (LIVE STREAM via Meerkat, updated description):

    Reusable Reagent Components with App-State Driven CSS Transitions  (watch: http://imgur.com/04OaRw3) -- by Marc Fawzi -- this live demo will include Learning Outcomes for smooth animations, component styling, and sharing the components via internal maven repo Artifactory and our TeamCity deploy pipeline, among other things.

    A professionally produced video of the event that includes screen captures of on-stage and Google Hangout presentations will be shared within a week of the event.

    SF FOLKS, HOPE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON!

    LOCAL BEER CHOICES AND SAME AWESOME PIZZAS (w/ GF/DF options)

Jeremy Vuillermet

Apr 17, 2015, 10:11:37 AM4/17/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, reagent...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Will the event video be uploaded somewhere ?
If yes, where !? Missed the live stream unfortunately. Live in France doesn't help ...

Jeremy Vuillermet

Apr 17, 2015, 10:12:59 AM4/17/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, reagent...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Will the event video be uploaded somewhere ?
If yes, where !? Missed the live stream unfortunately. Living in France doesn't help ...

Marc Fawzi

Apr 17, 2015, 10:47:48 AM4/17/15
to reagent...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
yes, will post link here sometime next week

all 3 presentations were screen captured too so it will be very easy to follow

Sent from my iPhone

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Apr 17, 2015, 11:25:46 AM4/17/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, reagent...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Excellent. I tried to watch on periscope, but it never showed up.

Jamie
> --
> Note that posts from new members are moderated - please be patient with your first post.
> ---

Marc Fawzi

Apr 17, 2015, 12:01:25 PM4/17/15
to reagent...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
a few people were able to see it but these free streaming apps are still hit or miss ...or hit then miss ...

since google hangouts worked really well for our remote presenter we might just use it next time to broadcast to everyone

Because Google :)

simon lomax

Apr 29, 2015, 1:24:53 AM4/29/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, reagent...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Did the videos ever get released?

Regards,
Simon

Marc Fawzi

Apr 29, 2015, 4:45:25 AM4/29/15
to reagent...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Our video production person is having to work on other more urgent stuff at the moment. We're not his hottest customer but hopeful he will get to it sometime soon... Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone

kinleyd

May 1, 2015, 6:43:12 AM5/1/15
to reagent...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com