[ANN] depstar: a clj-based uberjarrer

Ghadi Shayban

Mar 12, 2018, 11:43:26 AM3/12/18
to Clojure
My workflow has generally changed to one based on clj and tools.deps wherever possible. I continue to use lein for uberjarring, so I wrote this tool to jar up the classpath.

depstar has no dependencies, and uses the JVM classpath instead of reading deps.edn directly.

It handles merging multiple data_readers.clj & Java service loader manifests.  It does not handle AOTing nor specifying a main class. (Though the README has a suggestion about how to include web assets or AOT -- tldr specify :extra-paths in deps.edn)

https://github.com/healthfinch/depstar

Include it in deps.edn (either in your project or your $HOME/.clojure/deps.edn):

  :aliases {:depstar
              {:extra-deps
                 {com.healthfinch/depstar {:git/url "https://github.com/healthfinch/depstar.git"
                                           :sha "4aa7b35189693feebc7d7e4a180b8af0326c9164"}}}}

Edward Knyshov

Mar 13, 2018, 12:01:15 AM3/13/18
to Clojure
Logo is awesome!