Clojurescript One and Websockets

Brian Rowe

Mar 1, 2012, 10:51:53 PM3/1/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm thinking about using clojurescript one a starting point for a web game.  I would like to use websockets as the primary communication mechanism between the browser and the server.  As far as I know Zack Tellman's Aleph is the only clojure web server that supports websockets.  Is this true?  If so, are there any guides showing how to modify clojurescript one to use Aleph?  If there are no guides, how much work would it take to modify cljs one to use aleph?

Thanks!

George Oliver

Mar 2, 2012, 12:04:59 AM3/2/12
to Clojure
hi Brian, if you look back through the list you'll find a few
websocket examples, using Aleph and another server (Jetty?).

For example this thread,

http://groups.google.com/group/aleph-lib/browse_frm/thread/24f7e520c4f02709/2b1b7050c51674c3?#2b1b7050c51674c3

As long as whatever implementation you use is up to date from what I
saw the matter looked quite straightforward. I'm in the same boat as
you, combining WS and cljs1. Are you going to document your progress
anywhere?

Jay Fields

Mar 2, 2012, 6:40:27 AM3/2/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Hubert Iwaniuk

Mar 4, 2012, 5:10:55 AM3/4/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
IIRC WebSocket support was not yet released in Google Closure Library.
You will need to run against development version of closure-library.
For project using it check out: https://github.com/neotyk/ws-cljs/ and
live demo: http://lab01.kungfoo.pl:8108/

Cheers,
Hubert

Brian Rowe

Mar 17, 2012, 7:23:03 PM3/17/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jay,

Are there any plans to make a ring adapter for webbit?

On Friday, March 2, 2012 6:40:27 AM UTC-5, Jay Fields wrote:
On Mar 1, 2012, at 10:51 PM, Brian Rowe wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking about using clojurescript one a starting point for a web game.  I would like to use websockets as the primary communication mechanism between the browser and the server.  As far as I know Zack Tellman's Aleph is the only clojure web server that supports websockets.  Is this true?  If so, are there any guides showing how to modify clojurescript one to use Aleph?  If there are no guides, how much work would it take to modify cljs one to use aleph?

Thanks!

Jay Fields

Mar 19, 2012, 8:19:46 AM3/19/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com, kus...@gmail.com
I'm not involved (much) with Webbit other than using it in prod for my
web socket stuff.

I believe Kushal Pisavadia (cc'd) & James Reeves have been talking
about webbit features that Ring could leverage, but I'm not familiar
with the details.

Cheers, Jay

>> clojure+u...@googlegroups.com

> --

> clojure+u...@googlegroups.com

Kushal Pisavadia

Mar 19, 2012, 8:40:20 AM3/19/12
to Jay Fields, clo...@googlegroups.com, jre...@weavejester.com
I am in discussion with James, but it's very high-level at the moment and no work has been done on integration yet.

I don't think it'll get into the next tagged release of Ring (1.1) in time, as that's likely to be released fairly soon once the current set of issues are cleared up.