Limitting/paging the number of vertices returned by ogre/gremlin

Ruben W

Oct 17, 2013, 1:28:05 PM10/17/13
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I found that gremlin supports paging/limiting the number of vertices and I was wondering how I could achieve the same in ogre. I want to limit the number of vertices to to do batch processing in Storm over a fixed number of vertices since retrieving all vertices with a certain (very common) property (indexed by elasticsearch) is now taking a couple of hours for 100M+ vertices.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Ruben

Zack Maril

Oct 19, 2013, 12:55:02 PM10/19/13
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Just reread this. 100M+ vertices total, very common property fetching is a different situation. Would you say you are touching more than 1% of the graph with this query? If so, then you probably want to look into using Faunus. If you have a fixed number of edges and vertices (as in you are only ever batch loading in new objects,  and the rest of the transactions are just reads) then Fulgora (the new in memory backend based on HazelCast for Titan 0.4.0) will probably help a ton.
-Zack