Titanium development / Looking for comments on experiences with Titanium

Derek Brown

Feb 27, 2014, 12:16:47 PM2/27/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
I'm evaluating Titanium, and was curious about its current status of on hiatus. What is the current thinking about coming out of hiatus?

Also, I'd be curious about anyone's experiences with Titanium, relative to other Clojure Titan libraries.

Thanks,
Derek

Zack Maril

Feb 27, 2014, 12:41:01 PM2/27/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Currently, I've been the primary developer of Titanium and have had to put development on hold to finish up school. I'm financially unable to put in the work needed to make Titanium be as good as it should be to be a proper clojurewerkz project and so I've put the project on indefinite hiatus. There is a possibility that I will use it during work this summer, in which case I would do my best to revive it and bring the documentation up to speed, but that is several months off and iffy. If you are interested in sponsoring development financially, please get in touch. As for other Titan/Clojure libraries, I don't think there are any. I created Hermes as well, which is the only other library that I know of that I can remember. Hermes was refactored into Ogre/Archimedes/Titanium about a year ago.

At this point, I would recommend that you use the java API. If you don't know Titan, that would be the best path forward in terms of learning.
-Zack

Derek Brown

Feb 27, 2014, 1:20:20 PM2/27/14
to Zack Maril, clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Zack, that's helpful. I was also looking at clj-gremlin, and appreciate the advice on going with the Java API.