The execution hangs when nested publish inside consumer handler function

Nuttanart Pornprasitsakul

Jul 21, 2015, 4:17:48 AM7/21/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Follow up from the issue #74 I created on Github. Sorry that I posted there.

It doesn't eventually unblock, both in and out queue are in idle state not flow state. I'll get back again with the log and thread dump.

Thanks,
-Tap

Nuttanart Pornprasitsakul

Jul 21, 2015, 5:41:57 AM7/21/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com

Michael Klishin

Jul 21, 2015, 6:47:44 AM7/21/15
to Nuttanart Pornprasitsakul, clojure-...@googlegroups.com
On 21 Jul 2015 at 11:17:50, Nuttanart Pornprasitsakul (visib...@gmail.com) wrote:
> Follow up from the issue #74 I created on Github(https://github.com/michaelklishin/langohr/issues/74).
> Sorry that I posted there.
>
> It doesn't eventually unblock, both in and out queue are in idle
> state not flow state. I'll get back again with the log and thread
> dump.

There’s nothing unusual in the thread stack traces. We need a Wireshark protocol
capture.

rabbitmqctl eval `rabbitmq_diagnostics:maybe_stuck().` output may also help.
--
MK

Nuttanart Pornprasitsakul

Jul 22, 2015, 3:46:15 AM7/22/15
to clojure-rabbitmq
I posted the code snippet that can cause the issue on github. Also posted differences in network trace between blocking and success run that I've noticed there.

The output from rabbitmqctl eval `rabbitmq_diagnostics:maybe_stuck().` is

Error: {undef,[{rabbitmq_diagnostics,maybe_stuck,[],[]},
               {erl_eval,do_apply,6,[{file,"erl_eval.erl"},{line,657}]},
               {rpc,'-handle_call_call/6-fun-0-',5,
                    [{file,"rpc.erl"},{line,205}]}]}

Michael Klishin

Jul 22, 2015, 9:52:16 PM7/22/15
 On 22 Jul 2015 at 10:46:18, Nuttanart Pornprasitsakul (visib...@gmail.com) wrote:
> I posted the code snippet that can cause the issue on github.
> Also posted differences in network trace between blocking and
> success run that I've noticed there.

Thanks, this is a fairly busy week for me with 3 releases but I will take a look
in the next few days.

> The output from rabbitmqctl eval `rabbitmq_diagnostics:maybe_stuck().`
> is
>
> Error: {undef,[{rabbitmq_diagnostics,maybe_stuck,[],[]},
> {erl_eval,do_apply,6,[{file,"erl_eval.erl"},{line,657}]},
> {rpc,'-handle_call_call/6-fun-0-',5,
> [{file,"rpc.erl"},{line,205}]}]}

This means your version doesn’t have that function (it’s fairly new, I think 3.5.x)

Nuttanart Pornprasitsakul

Jul 22, 2015, 10:48:50 PM7/22/15
to clojure-rabbitmq, visib...@gmail.com
To whom landed to this email thread,

Please follow further information about this issue in the other thread