Re: [clojure-rabbitmq] Socket Exception thrown when trying to make a remote connection to server over adhoc network

Michael Klishin

Jun 11, 2014, 1:45:48 PM6/11/14
to Samuel Nelson, clojure-...@googlegroups.com
 On 11 June 2014 at 21:40:19, Samuel Nelson (snel...@ycp.edu) wrote:
> > For now, I am testing on two separate laptops connect via adhoc
> network. ips are set to 10.10.10.3 and 10.10.10.5.
> I start up rabbitmq on both laptops and added the "client" username
> to the 10.10.10.3 laptop, with password "client"
>
> From the 10.10.10.5 laptop's repl, I enter the following command
> :
>
> (def con (rmq/connect {:host "10.10.10.3"
> :username "client"
> :password "client"
>
> }
> ))

Please post the stack trace, it's impossible to tell what exactly is going on
without it.

In order to connect, port 5672 (default non-SSL port RabbitMQ uses) should be
open for connections from other hosts. Also, you don't need to have RabbitMQ
running on the machine that's intended to be a client.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ