Clojure User Groups list

Bridget Hillyer

Dec 14, 2014, 12:27:41 PM12/14/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

Any sense here whether this list is up to date?

I know there are some user groups missing - for example, I know that Toronto has an active group.

Bridget

Bruce Durling

Dec 14, 2014, 12:50:18 PM12/14/14
to Bridget Hillyer, clojure-power
There will hopefully be a GMT/BST based No Location Clojure User group
that was started by Tom Ayerst as he had the silly idea of saying he
wished there was one within earshot of me at the Clojure eXchange.
They are having their 1st meeting this week though, so we should
probably wait. :-D

cheers,
Bruce

Bruce Adams

Dec 14, 2014, 2:07:51 PM12/14/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Bridget -

The link for Pittsburgh was out of date. I just fixed it. Thanks for asking!

That page mentions a discount on Meetup.com for Clojure groups. Is that still true?

- Bruce

P.S. I'm uncomfortable with how that page has US regions broken down. Pittsburgh is closer to Baltimore, Washington, DC and Columbus than it is to any of the other cities in the Northeast region. (Yes, Philadelphia is further from Pittsburgh than those cities.)

Alex Miller

Dec 14, 2014, 2:15:48 PM12/14/14
to Bruce Adams, clojur...@googlegroups.com
No, it is no longer active.

Bruce Adams

Dec 14, 2014, 2:51:07 PM12/14/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

I removed the mention of the expired Meetup.com discount and shuffled the existing groups in the US into the four Census Bureau-designated regions as listed on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_of_the_United_States (which has "South" as surprisingly large region stretching from Delaware through Texas).

As we get more Clojure groups, further splitting the US into the Census divisions would be nice.

Carlo Sciolla

Dec 15, 2014, 5:21:49 AM12/15/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

thanks for the discussion, as it made me realise that the link for the Amsterdam Clojurians meetup is wrong. I can't seem to have enough permissions to fix it myself, can anyone correct the link  to be "http://amsclj.nl/" ?

Thanks in advance,
c.

Bruce Adams

Dec 15, 2014, 7:32:56 AM12/15/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Carlo -

I updated the link for Amsterdam Clojurians.

- Bruce

Jeff Heon

Dec 15, 2014, 12:44:44 PM12/15/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The Montreal user group is more or less dormant. In all cases, the link should be changed from the defunct bonjure.org to the google user group:
Jean-François "Jeff" Héon

Daniel Szmulewicz

Dec 29, 2014, 7:28:29 PM12/29/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
The Clojure Israel user group is active for over a year, but it is missing in the list as well.
How should I go about updating the list with details about our group?
It seems one needs to create an account on Confluence, but the link is missing and there is no further instructions. I'm probably dumb.
If a good soul wants to chime in, please feel free to do so:
Clojure Israel (belongs to the Asian continent): http://www.meetup.com/Clojure-Israel/

Otherwise, guidelines welcome. Thank you!

Daniel Szmulewicz

Bruce Adams

Dec 31, 2014, 8:54:59 PM12/31/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
I updated the link for Montreal and added Clojure Israel.

- Bruce

P.S. I'd like to give advice for others to gain access to editing dev.clojure.org Wiki, but I don't have that info readily available.

Daniel Szmulewicz

Dec 31, 2014, 9:04:58 PM12/31/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Bruce, may you be blessed!
Thank you so much.

PS: Happy New-Year!

Bridget Hillyer

Jan 1, 2015, 4:09:28 PM1/1/15
to Bruce Adams, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much, Bruce, for making the requested updates.

I did a little poking around on Confluence about how to edit, and this is what I figured out:
* In the top right-hand side of the Confluence page, it says "Sign in". I clicked there, entered my details, and was then able to log into Confluence.
* On the Confluence Cheat Sheet page, it indicates that:
** If you sign up for the Clojure Dev Google group
** -and- have signed a CA
** then you will be added to the clojure-dev group that has permission to edit Confluence pages.

That is just what I figured out reading through the Confluence pages. I'm testing the process out right now.

Bridget

Jeff Heon

Jan 1, 2015, 4:29:53 PM1/1/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Bridget Hillyer

Jan 1, 2015, 4:48:18 PM1/1/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
I just confirmed - the process I listed below works for being able to edit the Clojure User Groups wiki. I am now able to edit.

Alex Miller

Jan 1, 2015, 4:51:51 PM1/1/15
to Bridget Hillyer, clojure-power
Just a note - that process involves a human (usually Andy Fingerhut) adding the proper edit permissions. If you have an account (regardless of whether you have a signed CA), either Andy or I can add the correct permissions. These are not granted automatically due to spam control etc etc.

Alex

Alex Miller

Jan 1, 2015, 4:54:42 PM1/1/15
to Bridget Hillyer, clojure-power
I guess I should also note that both jira and confluence run off a single user directory (Atlassian Crowd) and signing the CA also causes us to add the edit perms for JIRA tickets. I am happy to add those perms for anyone outside of the CA process on request.

I should probably write this down somewhere more visible. :)  I'll try to find the best place for that tomorrow.

Alex Miller

Jan 5, 2015, 8:45:07 AM1/5/15
to Bruce Adams, clojur...@googlegroups.com
You can ping me or Andy Fingerhut if you need edit rights.

Alex

Ivar Vasara

Apr 25, 2015, 9:15:28 PM4/25/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
I signed up for the wiki at Clojure.org to add our local (Vancouver BC) group, but am unable to edit the page.
Could someone with access please add our group - the link is http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Clojure

Thanks

Bridget Hillyer

May 3, 2015, 10:06:04 PM5/3/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 9:15:28 PM UTC-4, Ivar Vasara wrote:
I signed up for the wiki at Clojure.org to add our local (Vancouver BC) group, but am unable to edit the page.
Could someone with access please add our group - the link is http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Clojure

Added it.

Joseph Moore

Jun 21, 2015, 2:10:48 PM6/21/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to add a Midwest (Central Indiana) group to the list I just started, http://www.meetup.com/indycljs

May be the wrong area to ask but I was wondering if it would be ok to use the clojure logo from the clojure.org website in the meetup logo.

Thanks

Alex Miller

Jun 21, 2015, 2:12:34 PM6/21/15
to Joseph Moore, clojur...@googlegroups.com
It's generally ok to use the logo unaltered for the meetup group web page.