Can't connect using 2.0.0-beta2

Greg

Oct 15, 2013, 11:37:54 AM10/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I was hoping to get some early work in with the beta releases of Neocons 2.0.0, but I'm having some trouble - trying a simple "(nr/connect! "http://localhost:7474/db/data/")" to neo4j 2.0.0-M05 throws an exception beginning:
"java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to clojure.lang.IPersistentMap
              rest.clj:45 clojurewerkz.neocons.rest/clojurewerkz.neocons.rest.Neo4JEndpoint".

Connecting to the same DB with 1.1.0 works fine. It's quite possible that I'm missing something, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful! Thanks.

Rohit Aggarwal

Oct 15, 2013, 2:23:17 PM10/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Could you try the latest code from GitHub? You can do a 'lein install' to put the jars into your local jar repo.

Cheers

Michael Klishin

Oct 15, 2013, 2:26:55 PM10/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com

2013/10/15 Rohit Aggarwal <rohit.a...@gmail.com>

Could you try the latest code from GitHub? You can do a 'lein install' to put the jars into your local jar repo.

2.0.0-beta2 is up on clojars.

It works on my end.

Greg

Oct 15, 2013, 3:50:38 PM10/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the replies - I've now tried 2.0.0-beta2 in a couple of blank projects and it seems to work fine, but even after stripping down the project file it doesn't seem to play well with my existing code. Can't see anything that could be interfering, but the problem's clearly on my end, so I'll keep looking (although suggestions are always welcome!). Either way, I'll post back here once I figure it out.

Greg

Oct 15, 2013, 4:04:53 PM10/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Sorted it (and, as always, it seems so obvious now I know the answer)! I just needed to manually delete the "target" folder, so it looks like something from a previous build was interfering. Thanks for your time, everyone.