insert-batch unordered

Ryan

Nov 14, 2014, 12:47:50 PM11/14/14
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to use the `insert-batch` functionality of monger but I would like to be able to use it in unordered mode so mongo can process all operations and will not stop in any exceptions thrown.
Is this possible with monger?  Please also note that i am using WriteConcern/ACKNOWLEDGED (which is the default for Monger if i am not mistaken)

This is described in the following link:

With an unordered list of operations, MongoDB can execute the operations in parallel. If an error occurs during the processing of one of the write operations, MongoDB will continue to process remaining write operations in the list.

Looking forward to any replies.

Ryan

Michael Klishin

Nov 14, 2014, 3:31:35 PM11/14/14
to clojure...@googlegroups.com, Ryan
insert-batch does not use this bulk operations feature. We need
to add support for it to Monger. This must be something fairly recent,
thanks for bringing it up.
--
@michaelklishin, github.com/michaelklishin

Ryan

Nov 14, 2014, 3:34:07 PM11/14/14
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Michael.

I hope that if you implement it to backport it to 1.8.0 as well :)

Ryan

Michael Klishin

Nov 14, 2014, 3:35:30 PM11/14/14
On 14 November 2014 at 23:34:07, Ryan (areka...@gmail.com) wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Michael.
>
> I hope that if you implement it to backport it to 1.8.0 as well :)

Yes, it doesn't sound too complicated but not trivial beyond
bulk writes either.

I'm on a work trip next week but after that should have a chance to
look into it.
--
@michaelklishin, github.com/michaelklishin

Ryan