Issues with installing elasticsearch

Robert

Feb 15, 2017, 9:00:52 AM2/15/17
to clojure-elasticsearch
Hello beautiful people.

I recently came upon elasticsearch and wanted to try it out and see what the possibilities are. However, sadly enough, I encountered some problems when attempting to install elasticsearch. When i tried to activate the batch file I recieve the following message:

Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

Now I did google a bit before posting here. I have added a _JAVA_OPTIONS file to my system variables.  When I added a value of 2g, I was asked for a 3g heap, instead of 3. When I changed the value to 3g, I received the message that 3g was beyond the possible assignment.

This also caused the problem of my IntelliJ not starting up.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Henrik Lundahl

Feb 15, 2017, 11:45:23 AM2/15/17
to Elastisch
Hi Robert

Try with setting the environment variable ES_HEAP_SIZE=256M.

Otherwise I suggest you ask in the Elastic forum at https://discuss.elastic.co/c/elasticsearch.

BR

--
Henrik

--
Documentation guides: http://clojureelasticsearch.info
Repository: https://github.com/clojurewerkz/elastisch

Robert

Feb 16, 2017, 5:23:30 AM2/16/17
to clojure-elasticsearch
Hello Hendrik, thank you for your suggestion.

Your suggestion helped me solve the problem. I have added the following to lines to the Elasticsearch bat:
SET HEAP_SIZE=256M
SET _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xms128m -Xmx256m